Hazard 15 Pikeville 14

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree this is a game Pikeville should have won...

No excuses just another disappointing season for Pikeville football as far as I'm concerned...

Im not sure how many more "disappointing" seasons the maroon faithful can handle before more changes begin to happen. Let me just say I think Pikeville had a good year. Not great but good. But the thing that bothers me(along with probably the whole town of Pikeville) is that Pikeville is not the dominate team of past. It seems year after year they have the talent to beat some teams that are predicted to win it all but they find a way to lose before they even make it to the better opponent. Ex. IMO Pikeville has enough talent to compete with Somerset for the regional title but look what happens the week prior. A team Pikeville should beat and has beat by 30+ sneaks up and pulls the upset. I honestly cant wait for an explanation by Coach J sometime in the near future.

Better game plan.

Better execution.

Better coaching.

Play on.

4th and 5 on the 7 up by 2 with less than 2 minutes left. You can either:

1.) Try to run it in, get a first down, or at worst leave Hazard inside their own 7 with less than 2 minutes left.

2.) You can try a chip-shot field goat to force Hazard to drive the field for a TD with less than 2 minutes left.

3.) You can try a halfback pass and have it intercepted in the end zone and give the ball to Hazard on the 20 and needing only a field goal.

With Pikeville it is a no-brainer - #3.

Play calling was atrocious most of the night.

Two years into the Jackson era, the bottom line is a ton of talent, no big games won, no district championships and no regional championships. In the weakest district and region in the state.

As bad as Pikeville was outcoached and outplayed, it was penalties that killed them in the end. Killed about every drive and had a TD that would have put it out of reach in the final minutes called back.

Good luck to Hazard.

Better game plan.

Better execution.

Better coaching.

Play on.

1.) Try to run it in, get a first down, or at worst leave Hazard inside their own 7 with less than 2 minutes left.

2.) You can try a chip-shot field goat to force Hazard to drive the field for a TD with less than 2 minutes left.

3.) You can try a halfback pass and have it intercepted in the end zone and give the ball to Hazard on the 20 and needing only a field goal.

With Pikeville it is a no-brainer - #3.

Two years into the Jackson era, the bottom line is a ton of talent, no big games won, no district championships and no regional championships. In the weakest district and region in the state.

As bad as Pikeville was outcoached and outplayed, it was penalties that killed them in the end. Killed about every drive and had a TD that would have put it out of reach in the final minutes called back.

Good luck to Hazard.

Tough loss BillyRay. We in Johnson Co. were pulling for you guys. Did want to mention a word of thanks for the support you have given us all year.

Temporarily.

But I was talking about the two timeouts the Panthers called with Hazard inside the 10 and under 30 seconds to go or so.

Pretty sure that is a non-issue...They called one after a Hazard timeout. When Hazard lined up, Pikeville called a timeout after seeing what formation Hazard was in. The other timeout was called after a pass interference call when the clock was stopped anyway and the last play (FG) coming up.

I believe that was how it went.

Hard to beat some teams twice in a season, especially if you start looking ahead.....

Now Hazard has Somerset, Pikeville is at home, and next week could be real ugly for the Dogs.

They said this week was going to be ugly for the dawgs but they pulled thru.

Better game plan.

Better execution.

Better coaching.

Play on.

ith Pikeville it is a no-brainer - #3.

Good luck to Hazard.

I like the chip-shot !!!!!!!!!!! Play calling was bad ............ Penalties was bad with TD called back but the plays were slow getting in there .....