Hazard 15 Pikeville 14

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL... funny enough, I seem to remember Mayo running the wishbone.

I HONESTLY think Pikeville would have been a VERY good wishbone team this year. With Honaker at Qb, the other Honaker and Harmon at TB, and some other kid at fullback, Pikeville would have been tough to stop.

Chapman? Really?

I would have thought Panther fans were happy to see him go after the fiasco that went on while he was there.

Didn't he degrade a kid so severely it cost him his job?

He told a kid who had quit to get off of his field. He used some salty language. The kid never played for Pikeville and moved away. But it was mostly due to a feud with Keno...

I'll just ask it. How many Pikeville fans would have honestly rather seen their boy running a Haywood/Howard style offense this season?

If they did my guess is, they are still playing come friday and IF discliplined enough would march on to the semi's.

Who was the OC during the years of 99-01? They ran a good offense, 2 back gun, they nearly perfected the smash and smoke passing plays. Also, their running attack was great. They had the athletes to run that offense this year.

Jason Howell. He left Pikeville when he wasn't offered the HC job when Jackson was hired and took an assistant job at Tates Creek.

I'll just ask it. How many Pikeville fans would have honestly rather seen their boy running a Haywood/Howard style offense this season?

If they did my guess is, they are still playing come friday and IF discliplined enough would march on to the semi's.

Most of them.

[/b]

They shouldnt have to tolerate a totally unacceptable loss like this. Too much talent and tradition in that program to lose to a team that should have been preparing for the bus ride home at halftime.

Too Bad , Too Sad, Cry me a river

BRJB,

As a close/but still outside observer, I just don't know what to think of the current direction of Pikeville football.

My father and I left Hillard Howard Field and drove back to Pond Creek earlier this year. Luckily it was one of the games I got to see. I saw a lot of good things out of the Panthers and frankly a fair share that I considered bad.

I believe going into the game that Pikeville just wasn't big enough on the line or tuff enough to play good hardnosed ball with a team like Belfry. I was proven wrong.

Thus the dilema. I think CoachJ really made his team believe and got them AS prepared as humanly possible for that game. That IMO was awesome. I saw an intensity that bordered on rage from the coach, and I liked that too.

Earlier in the year, when Jackson was under criticism for his offense, I asked the coach if he would consider changing his offensive scheme. He basically laughed it off. I have to respect him for standing up for his principle beliefs, but I think Pikeville fans deserve a coach who puts the team first.

Not too bad, definately not sad and crying over a football game seems insane. Learn to win with respect. Act like you've won a big game before. I know Hazard has had big wins in the past but did their fans act this way before? BTW, Im not from Pikeville but do root for them when they arent playing Belfry and the truth is Pikeville is the better team. I live in Hazard and Ive had the opportunity to watch them a few times along with Pikeville and coming from an unbiased spectator, Hazard pulled off a miraculous upset. Probably couldnt do it again but once is all that matters.

If these two teams played 10 times I would pick Pikeville by 21+ in 9 of those games. Unfortunately for the Panthers they picked the wrong time to play that "one" out of ten game.

Stop it , just stop it playing all this what "IF" stuff-if a frog had wings -well you know the story.

The poster you told to cry you a river is a Belfry fan.

Nobody in Pikeville is crying. They have been to the regional champtionship game 16 out of the last 20 years. This is Hazard's first trip in over 20 years. We forgive Hazard fans if they don't know how to act like they've been there before. They haven't.

Things will be back to normal real quick. They always do. ;)

Not too bad, definately not sad and crying over a football game seems insane. Learn to win with respect. Act like you've won a big game before. I know Hazard has had big wins in the past but did their fans act this way before? BTW, Im not from Pikeville but do root for them when they arent playing Belfry and the truth is Pikeville is the better team. I live in Hazard and Ive had the opportunity to watch them a few times along with Pikeville and coming from an unbiased spectator, Hazard pulled off a miraculous upset. Probably couldnt do it again but once is all that matters.

I think some people need to learn to loose with respect and stop making excuses and living in the past -but if memory serves me correctly Hazard beat Pikeville last year in the reg. season and it was the same thing last yr.

The poster you told to cry you a river is a Belfry fan.

Nobody in Pikeville is crying. They have been to the regional champtionship game 16 out of the last 20 years. This is Hazard's first trip in over 20 years. We forgive Hazard fans if they don't know how to act like they've been there before. They haven't.

Things will be back to normal real quick. They always do. ;)

I dont think it matters to him where Im from BRJB.:D And yes I believe things will get back to "normal" real quick. Ive tried to stay civil and just state that I believe that Pikeville is the better team. I give up. Im outta here before I find myself on the bench again. Later