Hazard 15 Pikeville 14

Perhaps Daddy Cat, but Pikeville fans (and I think fairly) will demand accountability from the staff.

Pikeville's players were very good and should not have exited early IMO.

The best team dos'nt always win. And if you've never coached you have know idea what goes on. If they leave coach J alone Pikevilles program will be fine football can be a strange game as with any sport.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough negativity toward the Pikeville coach, time for some positive toward the Hazard coach. Mark, your positive attitude toward your team no matter what the situation pays off for your program time and time again. I have never known you to EVER be negative about your kids or your chances in any game. This was a great win, and for you, your staff, and your players to be going to the regional finals after graduating so many talented athletes from last year's squad is incredible. Friday was a long day for you. Started very sad...ended up outstanding. Good luck this week. :thumb:

I have debated since Friday if I should post anything. On one hand, the game is over, let it go. On the other hand, I still see things that continue to mystify me: the erratic up and down play of this team, the silly mental mistakes and penalties so late in the season. How does this happen considering the endless hours of practice, video, etc? I am inclined to agree with what I read on another site, that maybe they are just mentally and physically tired. They have busted their tails since last year, and hardly get a break. I have heard others with this opinion as well. I think the predictable offense was a contributing factor too. No one person is to blame, and this is not an attack on anyone. I have been a long time Panther fan, but everyone knows that Pikeville should have won this game. Having said that, congratulations Hazard, you had a great game plan, played with emotion, and good luck next week. Looking forward to next year Panthers! Should be a good year!!

I have debated since Friday if I should post anything. On one hand, the game is over, let it go. On the other hand, I still see things that continue to mystify me: the erratic up and down play of this team, the silly mental mistakes and penalties so late in the season. How does this happen considering the endless hours of practice, video, etc? I am inclined to agree with what I read on another site, that maybe they are just mentally and physically tired. They have busted their tails since last year, and hardly get a break. I have heard others with this opinion as well. I think the predictable offense was a contributing factor too. No one person is to blame, and this is not an attack on anyone. I have been a long time Panther fan, but everyone knows that Pikeville should have won this game. Having said that, congratulations Hazard, you had a great game plan, played with emotion, and good luck next week. Looking forward to next year Panthers! Should be a good year!!

Sounds like maybe some" Burn Out" happened. This 6 and sometimes 7 days a week practice, films, weights will make it no fun for the kids.

There are 365 days in a year, there are 10 game days, five more if you make it to the finals. Just the nature of the sport is can be insane...that's what makes it special IMO. It sounds as if Coach Jackson is giving his athletes everything he has to prepare them for success...who could ask for more. Athletes, true athletes live for those opportunities. Coach Jackson is one of the top coaches in Kentucky. Therefore, without watching any of their games I know that his players are prepared, in great condition, play with intensity, and bleed Panther Pride. But, that being said, that's why they play a tournament..."on any given night..." Just because we lose, doesn't mean the plan is flawed. Coach Jackson and Coach Dixon are two very talented young men. Southeast Kentucky football is very lucky to have two such dedicated coaches. Guarantee you the players would say the same.

Sounds like the game was a battle!

There are 365 days in a year, there are 10 game days, five more if you make it to the finals. Just the nature of the sport is can be insane...that's what makes it special IMO. It sounds as if Coach Jackson is giving his athletes everything he has to prepare them for success...who could ask for more. Athletes, true athletes live for those opportunities. Coach Jackson is one of the top coaches in Kentucky. Therefore, without watching any of their games I know that his players are prepared, in great condition, play with intensity, and bleed Panther Pride. But, that being said, that's why they play a tournament..."on any given night..." Just because we lose, doesn't mean the plan is flawed. Coach Jackson and Coach Dixon are two very talented young men. Southeast Kentucky football is very lucky to have two such dedicated coaches. Guarantee you the players would say the same.

Sounds like the game was a battle!

I think Coach Jackson's offensive scheme was flawed. When you are a great coach you take the talent you are given and scheme around them in order to win. Coach Jackson took his players and did one of two things. Number 1, he would line up in the "I" and put a blocking back to the side he would run the ball(very predictable). Number 2, he would go to what he calls the "spread" offense but it is just a shotgun variation of the old 1940's single wing. The problem with this is that he is running his offense in a phone booth. When you have a lot of speed and athletic ability you need to use it by spreading the field and making your speed count. I'm not a Pikeville fan so it doesn't really bother me one way or another if he changes his offensive style or if they force him out. I am just stating the fact of why the offense was very predictable and didn't utilize the talent available.

I think Coach Jackson's offensive scheme was flawed. When you are a great coach you take the talent you are given and scheme around them in order to win. Coach Jackson took his players and did one of two things. Number 1, he would line up in the "I" and put a blocking back to the side he would run the ball(very predictable). Number 2, he would go to what he calls the "spread" offense but it is just a shotgun variation of the old 1940's single wing. The problem with this is that he is running his offense in a phone booth. When you have a lot of speed and athletic ability you need to use it by spreading the field and making your speed count. I'm not a Pikeville fan so it doesn't really bother me one way or another if he changes his offensive style or if they force him out. I am just stating the fact of why the offense was very predictable and didn't utilize the talent available.

Hmmm...Do you think he schemed them to lose? I would think Coach J knows his team better than anyone. But...Maybe he should hire you as his OC! :lol:

Hmmm...I would think Coach J knows his team better than anyone. But...

Maybe he should hire you as his OC! :lol:

I've seen at least 6 films on his team and could tell you every tendancy they have;) I know for a fact a different scheme would utilize his talent better. Pikeville has LOADS of talent! I would say they have the most talent in Region 4 this year. Say what you want but I've seen their games this year and I know what I'm talking about.

I've seen at least 6 films on his team and could tell you every tendancy they have;) I know for a fact a different scheme would utilize his talent better. Pikeville has LOADS of talent! I would say they have the most talent in Region 4 this year. Say what you want but I've seen their games this year and I know what I'm talking about.

Sounds like you better start watching Hazard films...what offense should they be running? :rolleyes:

I think they all should be running the Ol' Double Dive Belly series...what do you think? C'mon now...:ylsuper:

I find it strange that no one has mentioned the way the Hazard players acted after the game. Being excited is perfectly fine, celebrate as you wish, but to go around ripping down signs and tearing them into pieces is downright wrong. Not to mention yelling and cussing at every fan, parent, etc. that you see.

If thats how you act after a win, I can't wait to see how you act next week.....;)

I am not going to criticize anyone as I do not have a dog in the fight, but I mentioned this after the first Hazard game on here and since then have seen Pikeville on film two more times before the game Friday, the Pikeville offense DEFINATELY had obvious tendacies that allowed you to determine exactly which play they were running 90% of the time.

The most obvious was the feet and the head of the motion man... depending on the type of steps and which way he was looking as he went in motion typicallly tipped off which play was coming next.

I like Coach Jackson alot, I think he genuinely has a vested interest in his kids and has regained alot of interest in the program. I also like the fact that he took the blame for this loss in Saturday's News-Express. It's just odd that a team who I truly felt had all the physical capabilities of competing for a state title has just been knocked out of the 2nd round by a team that they could/should have beat by at least 4 TD's.