Everything posted by BaseballFan13
-
EKY top players
Greetings from an "old timer" haha. Fellas, you have let EKY slip off of BGP! I check up on you every now and then, but rarely do I find much about our side of the state! Whats going on? Less posters? Less to talk about? Hurts my baseball heart!
-
Pikeville Baseball
Its really tough to see that program slipping downhill recently. There has always been such a great tradition of excellence in that program and lately it has definitely gone downhill. I hope that after some young guys grow up and mature in their abilities that the program will turn itself around, but as for now they are going to really struggle against a decent team. Nowhere near enough pitching and a lack of ability to score runs leaves you hanging out to dry even at the high school level.
-
Best Bats
Agreed, and I also found that out the hard way! The original red Stealth was one of the best bats ever made, but since then the quality has gone WAY downhill!
-
Baseball Equipment Preference
We use the Adidas dry-fits for all of our uniforms and I want to say that we use the Rawlings catcher's gear as well. My school is working on a deal with Adidas so most of our equipment/uniforms are through them. And conditioning has went really well. The team looks pretty solid and I really think we will compete this year! How has everything looked back in your neck of the woods?
-
Baseball Equipment Preference
Funny, funny...:banana:
-
Are there some sleepers out there???
They are sleeping! SHHH....
-
Baseball Equipment Preference
Personally I still love my batting gloves! I feel naked at the plate without them! Nothing better than a good SOFT pair of gloves when your at the plate!
-
Baseball Equipment Preference
Bats - Rawlings-Rush Baseballs - Rawlings Batting Helmets - N/A Jerseys - Love the new Adidas "dri-fit" models Costs vary Pants - Brand and durability Spikes - Under Armour (pricey sometimes but absolutely the most comfortable!) Gloves - Rawlings-H Webs, or completely closed in (for pitching) Pullovers - N/A Catchers Gear - Rawlings, but not a catcher, so only a vanity thing... Field Equipment
-
Prayers Needed
Travis was a great guy. His knowledge and love for the game of baseball was encouraging to me and many others. The knowledge he passed to me will stay with me forever.
-
East / West Allstar Game at UK
Way to go East!!!!!
-
Prayers for Coach Charlie Adkins
Prayers for Coach Adkins!
-
Ben Revere Goes #28 in MLB Draft!
The analyst I was listening to was calling it a good pick! Saying Revere was "one of his favorite players in the draft." Good luck Ben!
-
Johnson Central 5 Letcher Central 0
Yeah, no more than five or six since the turf was installed. All that is required is that the rain stops at some point. The second it is over, the field will be fine to play on. Blanton may be a great pitcher, but I caught more fish than him last night!
-
Ben Revere Goes #28 in MLB Draft!
I think he went to my Yankees!
-
Letcher Central 1 Johnson Central 0 (8 innings)
Blanton is DEFINITELY a great pitcher. JB will go out there all business tonight! I hope the Eagles can come back and take the series! Good Luck Eagles! Make us Proud!
-
Ben Revere Goes #28 in MLB Draft!
Way to go Ben! He was expected to go in the mid 40's but he was selected by the Minnesota Twins with the 28th pick of the draft! Congrats to Ben !:dancingpa :dancingpa
-
Johnson Central 4 Lawrence Co. 2
Thanks FB, that truly means a lot! Some of the best memories of my life have been from our fall "experiences!" Baseball won't be the same without you all!
-
Johnson Central 4 Lawrence Co. 2
Congrats JC and my friends! Proud to have been there to see you succeed.
-
Pikeville 5 Prestonsburg 3
Final. Pikeville maintains their top three starters!
-
15th Region Draw
Are the first two games one bracket, and the secondset the other?
-
15th Region Draw
No...I wasn't able to get anything but Pikeville's game from my source... Strike3 come home and let us know!
-
15th Region Draw
The only one I know of is that Pikeville drew Prestonsburg and we play Monday at 7:00.
-
15th Region Draw
Someone let us know as soon as you can!
-
53rd Results?
I know Letcher won, but I dont know the score.
-
Did Every other District have an All-Tournament Team except the 40th??
The 59th didnt have one. They had a tournament MVP, but no tournament team.