Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baseball Equipment Preference

Featured Replies

With the ever changing technology and brand names, what does your school or yourself prefer. I know we've had this discussion before but let's make information available, to help promote this great game we are all passionate about.

 

Bats - Cost and manufacturer/model

Baseballs - Cost comparison, seam preference and durability

Batting Helmets - Cost, protection and durability

Jerseys - Brand, mesh/other and durability

Pants - Brand and durability

Spikes - Cost and manufacturer/style, metal/other and durability

Gloves - Manufacturer, model and web type

Pullovers - Manufacturer, style

Catchers Gear - Cost and manufacturer/style

Field Equipment - Nets, tees, practice balls, bases, homeplate, infield material, pitching plate, chalk, foul line marker, etc....

Bats: H&B

Baseballs: Diamond D1 Pro is preference but use Rawlings R100KY

Batting Helmets: Rawlings MPH

Jerseys: Speedline Collegiate, white sleeveless with 1/8" piping

Pants: Speedline Collegiate, white with 1/8" piping

Spikes: Mizuno 9-Spike Low G4

Gloves: Mizuno Pro Series GMP5

Pullovers: Under Armour Longsleeve/Shortsleeve Cage Jacket

Catchers Gear: Nike Pro Gold

Field Equipment: Mar Mix, Beam Clay, John Deere Gator, Jack Corbett Hollywood Bases, Rawlings R200 practice ball...

My son has liked the Exogrid. What about the new -3 Catalyst? Anyone try it?

 

He likes the TPX gloves as well.

 

Under Armour sleeves are hard to beat.

Bats: H&B

Baseballs: Diamond D1 Pro is preference but use Rawlings R100KY

Batting Helmets: Rawlings MPH

Jerseys: Speedline Collegiate, white sleeveless with 1/8" piping

Pants: Speedline Collegiate, white with 1/8" piping

Spikes: Mizuno 9-Spike Low G4

Gloves: Mizuno Pro Series GMP5

Pullovers: Under Armour Longsleeve/Shortsleeve Cage Jacket

Catchers Gear: Nike Pro Gold

Field Equipment: Mar Mix, Beam Clay, John Deere Gator, Jack Corbett Hollywood Bases, Rawlings R200 practice ball...

 

Pretty good list.

  • Author

What about Batting Gloves. I've noticed in the last few years, more and more players aren't using.

What about Batting Gloves. I've noticed in the last few years, more and more players aren't using.

 

I've noticed that too. Unless it's cold outside. I wonder why the change?

  • Author
I've noticed that too. Unless it's cold outside. I wonder why the change?
Not sure, unless the grips are getting better or pine-tar, becoming a little more prevalent.

 

I have noticed and perhaps it's just me, but the newer bats seems to have slightly smaller handles.

Not sure, unless the grips are getting better or pine-tar, becoming a little more prevalent.

 

I have noticed and perhaps it's just me, but the newer bats seems to have slightly smaller handles.

 

I know a lot of kids like to "feel" the bat so they'd rather not use batting gloves. Personally, I was only a fan of wearing a glove under my fielders glove, to make it fit better. I love the feel of a bat in my bare hands...

Not sure, unless the grips are getting better or pine-tar, becoming a little more prevalent.

 

I have noticed and perhaps it's just me, but the newer bats seems to have slightly smaller handles.

 

I believe they have. The last one I bought sure seemed like it was.

Bats - Rawlings-Rush

Baseballs - Rawlings

Batting Helmets - N/A

Jerseys - Love the new Adidas "dri-fit" models Costs vary

Pants - Brand and durability

Spikes - Under Armour (pricey sometimes but absolutely the most comfortable!)

Gloves - Rawlings-H Webs, or completely closed in (for pitching)

Pullovers - N/A

Catchers Gear - Rawlings, but not a catcher, so only a vanity thing...

Field Equipment

I've noticed that too. Unless it's cold outside. I wonder why the change?

 

Personally I still love my batting gloves! I feel naked at the plate without them! Nothing better than a good SOFT pair of gloves when your at the plate!

Personally I still love my batting gloves! I feel naked at the plate without them! Nothing better than a good SOFT pair of gloves when your at the plate!

 

Awe, that's cute...:fire:

My son has liked the Exogrid. What about the new -3 Catalyst? Anyone try it?

 

He likes the TPX gloves as well.

 

Under Armour sleeves are hard to beat.

The composite bats are hard to beat.

Stealth Composite, stiff handle, was very popular on our team last year. Noticed a couple kids were driving the ball noticeably farther than they ever have.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.