Everything posted by Josey Wales
-
Raceland 49 Pikeville 46
I was talking about the coach getting tossed. That's what the ref was referring to. I don't need to have the rules explained to me. The player did not have his foot on the line and did not move! That is what made it so outrageous.
-
Raceland 49 Pikeville 46
It proves you didn't see the game or any of the calls, RIGHT? Other than that, it doesn't PROVE anything. Another ref said it was wrong. I have never seen that before. Maybe he is right!
-
Raceland 49 Pikeville 46
Oh, I see. So the ref just made a mistake, and he just THOUGHT the player stepped across the line. He was standing 6 feet away. I can see how that could happen.
-
Raceland 49 Pikeville 46
I saw the same game you did. I will agree with one thing you said. There were some bad calls both ways. You didn't quote the first part of my post. How do you explain the ref calling the player stepping over the free throw line when he was completely still, even after the ball went through the goal? You obviously don't know the coach. His reaction was not a normal one for him, but you can just take so much. By the way, one of the refs in the girls game told the coach that it was not justified.
-
Raceland 49 Pikeville 46
Let me refresh your memory about what happened just before #3 got the T. By the way , he was not talking smack to a Raceland player. Pikeville's point guard shot 2 free throws. He crossed the line after the ball reached the goal, the ref said he crossed too early. The second shot he remained perfectly still, even after the ball went through the goal. The ref again made the same call. Everyone can say the refs are just human, but you will have a hard time convincing me there wasn't something else in his mind.
-
PCC 80 Pikeville 70
You pretty much summed it up, my point all along. forced too many bad shots and yes, it "probably" helped that Perry was playing on their home floor.
-
PCC 80 Pikeville 70
Was my message confusing? In the first quarter, we played team ball, then in the second half, we didn't. And everybody knows who the problem is, and the coach allows this to go on.
-
PCC 80 Pikeville 70
Yeah, they got homered, but the main reason they lost was because they abandoned the teamwork that got them the lead. I think anybody who saw the game knows who I am talking about, and the coach for some reason allows this type of selfish play.
-
Hazard 15 Pikeville 14
What's a GAINT?
-
Hazard 15 Pikeville 14
I have debated since Friday if I should post anything. On one hand, the game is over, let it go. On the other hand, I still see things that continue to mystify me: the erratic up and down play of this team, the silly mental mistakes and penalties so late in the season. How does this happen considering the endless hours of practice, video, etc? I am inclined to agree with what I read on another site, that maybe they are just mentally and physically tired. They have busted their tails since last year, and hardly get a break. I have heard others with this opinion as well. I think the predictable offense was a contributing factor too. No one person is to blame, and this is not an attack on anyone. I have been a long time Panther fan, but everyone knows that Pikeville should have won this game. Having said that, congratulations Hazard, you had a great game plan, played with emotion, and good luck next week. Looking forward to next year Panthers! Should be a good year!!
-
Pikeville 42 Hazard 6
Way to go Panthers! Everyone was mentally prepared for this game.
-
WYMT Mountain Top Ten
Good question, but I don't have the answer.
-
WYMT Mountain Top Ten
Pikeville fans shouldn't be surprised by WYMT's attitude toward Pikeville. This has gone on for a long time.
-
Belfry 24 Pikeville 20
The difference in this game was the mistakes Pikeville made. I am not talking about turnovers, because those things happen. I am talking about the dumb penalties: illegal procedure, offside, delay of game. Belfry didn't make those mistakes, Pikeville did, and Belfry won. I think the teams are pretty evenly matched. Having said that, Congrats to both teams. As a Pikeville fan, I think the Panthers can play with anyone in Class A, if we can learn from this game and avoid the silly mistakes.
-
Prestonsburg/Pikeville Predictions
You are right, Billy Ray! As I mentioned earlier, not only is the play calling maddening, but there are players who should get the ball, but they almost never do. Why would you NOT use them? I bet Belfry can hardly wait!::irked: :irked: :irked:
-
Prestonsburg/Pikeville Predictions
Pikeville should win, but it won't be difficult for Prestonsburg to figure out the Panther's offensive scheme. They just have to guess which of the two backs will run it up the middle.:mad: :mad:
-
Prestonsburg/Pikeville Predictions
It depends on which Pikeville team shows up. If the team I saw against Henry Clay shows up, then it could be a long night for the Blackcats. If the team that played East Jessamine shows up, it's up for grabs.
-
East Jessamine 20 Pikeville 8
OK, let me put it another way. If the players are not "wasted" , then you have some skill players who rarely get the ball.
-
East Jessamine 20 Pikeville 8
The fact remains: Many knowledgable people think there are some players just being wasted in this offense. Surely they're not all wrong. In fact, I haven't heard a positive comment from anyone this year and maybe last season as well about this offense.
-
East Jessamine 20 Pikeville 8
Well said:irked:
-
East Jessamine 20 Pikeville 8
One reason is that some skill players are just wasted in this offense. I have heard this comment from quite a few knowledgeable people, as well.::mad: :mad:
-
East Jessamine 20 Pikeville 8
Sounds ok to me, but you still have the same offense.
-
East Jessamine 20 Pikeville 8
Disappointing loss for the Panthers. Make no mistake, I am a Panther fan all the way, but are there others out there that hate this offense?? I realize we really missed John Michael, but the offense and the play calling mystifies me more every week. Why do you run up the middle on 3rd and fifteen when backed up, then with 3rd and short, drop back 10 yards for a pass?? Talented skill players rarely get the ball. I remember reading a post last year from and Oldham County fan that said we would grow to hate this offense. Funny, I didn't believe him at the time!
-
Henry Clay 31 Pikeville 0
Great showing by the Panthers!! Henry Clay is the best team Pikeville will face all year, and we more than held our own. Not a big fan of this offense, though. Prayers go out for John Michael.
-
How has Javelin gone this year?
Since this is the first year for Javelin in High School, How has it gone so far, and what schools have participated? Any distance to report?