Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WYMT Mountain Top Ten

Featured Replies

1.) Johnson Central

2.) Rockcastle Co.

3.) Belfry

4.) Bell Co.

5.) Middlesboro

6.) Breahitt Co.

7.) Clay Co.

8.) Harlan

9.) Sheldon Clark

10.) North Laurel

 

Whats everyones opinions?

  • Replies 76
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pikeville is a mountain top 10 team beyond a shadow of a doubt.

  • Author
Pikeville is a mountain top 10 team beyond a shadow of a doubt.

 

Which team would you place them above? I think that this is a very solid top ten from top to bottom. The #10 team N. Laurel beat a Leslie Co. team 17-0 that was barely beaten by the #4 team Bell Co. 7-0.

Pikeville is a mountain top 10 team beyond a shadow of a doubt.

 

I'd have to second that one, but then again what do you win for being the #1 team in the WYMT rankings. Its a long season and teams can look really good or really bad on a given week. Only a couple of weeks ago Southwestern was ranked as high as 3, now they're coming off 2 losses and not ranked at all. Corbin is 2-4 and Somerset is 1-4 and I wouldn't be suprised at all to see either run the table the rest of the regular season, Clay has been putting up video game like numbers all year but face their first real test next week against Rockcastle. These things usually work themselves out.

^^^Good post, you are right of course.

Which team would you place them above? I think that this is a very solid top ten from top to bottom. The #10 team N. Laurel beat a Leslie Co. team 17-0 that was barely beaten by the #4 team Bell Co. 7-0.

 

I would put them above a few of these teams. Pikeville did beat Prestonsburg handily. Sheldon Clark couldn't beat them. So SC is not in my top 10 for starters. Pikeville played the #3 team at least even tonight, leading in the 4th quarter before losing. I consider them to be as good as #3. Since you asked, I would also put them above North Laurel and Harlan for sure, probably Clay Co. and possibly Breathitt and Middlesboro...but it's all someone's opinion and means absolutely nothing both now and especially when the playoffs start...

Which team would you place them above? I think that this is a very solid top ten from top to bottom. The #10 team N. Laurel beat a Leslie Co. team 17-0 that was barely beaten by the #4 team Bell Co. 7-0.

 

 

Sheldon Clark just got beat by Prestonsburg, Pikeville BEAT the burg. I am not saying that Pikeville is better than Sheldon Clark, but I feel that getting beat by pburg should have knocked them out of the top 10.

I would put them above a few of these teams. Pikeville did beat Prestonsburg handily. Sheldon Clark couldn't beat them. So SC is not in my top 10 for starters. Pikeville played the #3 team at least even tonight, leading in the 4th quarter before losing. I consider them to be as good as #3. Since you asked, I would also put them above North Laurel and Harlan for sure, probably Clay Co. and possibly Breathitt and Middlesboro...but it's all someone's opinion and means absolutely nothing both now and especially when the playoffs start...

 

Just going from scores I'd have to put them as even with or better than numbers 7-10. Don't sweat it though Billy, I think Pikeville has lost their last game until somewhere in November--the ones I mentioned before haven't.

Sheldon Clark just got beat by Prestonsburg, Pikeville BEAT the burg. I am not saying that Pikeville is better than Sheldon Clark, but I feel that getting beat by pburg should have knocked them out of the top 10.

 

I agree Zeus, Pikeville should be in there, I am just glad someone proved that SC isn't all they were thought to be. Congrats to the Panthers on a hard fought gamen against Belfry, and it was awesome to attend.

I agree Zeus, Pikeville should be in there, I am just glad someone proved that SC isn't all they were thought to be. Congrats to the Panthers on a hard fought gamen against Belfry, and it was awesome to attend.

 

 

I am just thankful of the atmosphere, no major injuries, and a hard fought game. I am proud of our Panthers. They never gave up.:cool:

I agree they didn't give up Zeus, but there is one big reason that Pikeville lost this game, and it is the play of #2, he let way too much get to him and he was a defensive killer with all of the penalties called against him. He didn't have a good game at all in my opinion, football takes talent, but it also takes the ability to be able to handle the pressure and play with some respect and sportsmanship!

I agree they didn't give up Zeus, but there is one big reason that Pikeville lost this game, and it is the play of #2, he let way too much get to him and he was a defensive killer with all of the penalties called against him. He didn't have a good game at all in my opinion, football takes talent, but it also takes the ability to be able to handle the pressure and play with some respect and sportsmanship!

 

 

He is indeed very competitive, but I think you took his aggressiveness in the wrong light, "so to speak"....I would take this kid to raise as my own. Very polite, "yes, sir" and "no, sir" type of kid. NO PROBLEM whatsoever. His emotions do sometimes get the best of him ON THE FIELD, but he is working on it. Please do not blame this KID. The loss is NOT his fault.:thumb:

Just going from scores I'd have to put them as even with or better than numbers 7-10. Don't sweat it though Billy, I think Pikeville has lost their last game until somewhere in November--the ones I mentioned before haven't.
:thumb: :thumb: I think we both know another Class A team this applies to, lol...
He is indeed very competitive, but I think you took his aggressiveness in the wrong light, "so to speak"....I would take this kid to raise as my own. Very polite, "yes, sir" and "no, sir" type of kid. NO PROBLEM whatsoever. His emotions do sometimes get the best of him ON THE FIELD, but he is working on it. Please do not blame this KID. The loss is NOT his fault.:thumb:

 

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: He is not a dirty player!

I agree they didn't give up Zeus, but there is one big reason that Pikeville lost this game, and it is the play of #2, he let way too much get to him and he was a defensive killer with all of the penalties called against him. He didn't have a good game at all in my opinion, football takes talent, but it also takes the ability to be able to handle the pressure and play with some respect and sportsmanship!

 

I don't have a dog in this fight but there is no cause to call out and place the blame on one kid. These are 16-18 year old kids would you like to go back and have everything you did at that age critiqued by people that don't know what you're thinking or going through. To make a general comment about a team is one thing, to single out a player is just wrong--you should be ashamed of yourself.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.