Durham's scholly yanked by UL...

letabrotherspeak

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want nothing but the best for any Ky kid. But, at the same token, it seems pretty easy for lots of folks to thrash the decision by UofL, whether it be right or wrong.

I guarantee you if UK was the school who cut him loose, whether justified or not, nobody would say word one.

Nobody but you, GT, and other various UL fans on here.:laugh:

I want nothing but the best for any Ky kid. But, at the same token, it seems pretty easy for lots of folks to thrash the decision by UofL, whether it be right or wrong.

I guarantee you if UK was the school who cut him loose, whether justified or not, nobody would say word one.

I disagree in the aspect that if UK would have done this to a kid tht it wouldn't be news. This would have been in the papers easy, and UK would have gotten drilled for it. For example, there have been two in-state kids over the last two years who had rather serious season-ending injuries and UK has chosen to honor them both, and neither of those players were as highly thought of as Durham.

UL has a right to do as they please, no one can argue about their success. In a sense, UL did the kid a favor but telling him now, and I disagree with some of the folks on here, because he still has other options. In the reality of it all, this probably does affect their recruiting around the state, outside of Jefferson County, at least. Maybe, they may be getting Chase Dumphord from Paris instead. This is the second or third time this has happened at UL regarding scholarship offers. You can possibly deny it after a time or two, but as the non-tenders add up you can definitely scratch your head.

I posted the thread not to flame but to inform. It is rather interesting. Very few can argue with the success that the Cards have accomplished with the recruits they have gotten. It is just not real good business with the in-state high school coaches. In the grand scheme of things this will likely have little impact on UL recruiting.

Pitrino is a thug his team is full of Thugs, he has a I'll do anything to win attitude, mark my word Loueyvull will fall hard here in a couple years. Its a classless act to pull an offer after its been made and Durham should thank his lucky stars now instead of finding out later after he's wasted half his career up there in that cess pool.

I hope he finds a team he wants to play for that needs him and wants him he'd sure look great in Blue.

And to think I bothered to congratulate UK on their big win over UGA. Never again. Heck, they might've done somebody wrong on the way to getting that precious win.

Give me a break. I thought you were a bigger man than that Jim. :rolleyes:

If UK, Notre Dame, accepted and then pulled a scholly from an instate kid who committed early, I would call it say "shame on you"

Barring an injury, which would IMO be a legitimate reason to rescend an offer, I doubt this happens very often.

Louisville may have been better off to honor their word even if the young man never materialized into a starter. I just see this as giving the UK staff a valuable tool in the recruiting process. I can hear it now, Joker telling a young man "we are here to offer, and unlike some teams if you commit to us we will commit to you"

Sounds like a pretty classless decision by U of L. It also sounds pretty stupid for a school planning to continue recruiting players from its home state. This would be among the first items on my talking points if I were recruiting for UK. This sends a pretty loud message to Kentucky high school football players.

Go Buckeyes!

Whether it is or not, from UofL's standpoint, I don't know. As an advocate for SEKY kids, Im disappointed in the decision, because I've seen the kid play and I think he fits in well with the Cards.

But don't act like it came at some awful time and he couldn't get into another school. That's just ridiculous. It's freakin' November, for God's sake. You UK folks are just trying to use this as ammunition to bag on the UofL program, in order to make UK seem like they are somehow much more noble. Don't break your wrists patting yourselves on the back after the big win by showing yourselves off as the model program.

And to think I bothered to congratulate UK on their big win over UGA. Never again. Heck, they might've done somebody wrong on the way to getting that precious win.

I'm not sure what it has to do with UK, but it would be classless if UK did the same thing under the same circumstances. It would disappoint me a lot more if Brooks operated this way as opposed to Petrino doing it with his track record.

You're right...UofL is terrible, and should be hated by all because of this move. Shame on me for defending it...

I am the furthest thing from a Louisville fan that you can possibly be. However, we need to not forget that college football is a buisness. The payment in that buisness is the scholarship the player recieves. Obviously, U of L seen something they didn't like and yanked their offer of payment. Lets face the fact, in college, the kids are their for the program, not the other way around. This is a buisness descision. We will see if it panned out for them once this young man is deeper into his career.:thumb:

I am the furthest thing from a Louisville fan that you can possibly be. However, we need to not forget that college football is a buisness. The payment in that buisness is the scholarship the player recieves. Obviously, U of L seen something they didn't like and yanked their offer of payment. Lets face the fact, in college, the kids are their for the program, not the other way around. This is a buisness descision. We will see if it panned out for them once this young man is deeper into his career.:thumb:

Good post.:thumb: