The Bengals are lowering their ticket prices to $20 per game

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a guy who has a 10 year old son (who begs me to take him to a game) but also a five and 2 year old daughters this just wouldn't work for me. Obviously I could swing probably 4-5 games. But 8 Sundays is a lot of family time or extra curricular time. I couldn't commit to mandatory 10. I'm like others, I'm 35 and you'd be hard pressed to pay me $200 to attend a game. Reeks of desperation and I am enjoying it.

Additionally, I would have to imagine this new practice by the Bengals has to tweak many current season ticket holders, especially the ones that were on the fence this year but went ahead and threw the money down. Also, I would have to think this will really hurt the Bengals season ticket sales in 2019 and beyond if they stick with the practice.

That's a really good angle that I hadn't thought of.

As a guy who has a 10 year old son (who begs me to take him to a game) but also a five and 2 year old daughters this just wouldn't work for me. Obviously I could swing probably 4-5 games. But 8 Sundays is a lot of family time or extra curricular time. I couldn't commit to mandatory 10. I'm like others, I'm 35 and you'd be hard pressed to pay me $200 to attend a game. Reeks of desperation and I am enjoying it.

Maybe I'm nitpicking, but it's not a mandatory 10 games. If you don't show up? Oh well, right?

If you only want to go to 5 games and maybe its actual games, you're now looking at $40 for each. Still not a bad deal.

Seeing rumors there are only 100 tickets total for this deal.

I think the Bengals will be trapped selling as many as there is demand for.

If the Bengals try to artificially create a supply and demand problem I think this will do more harm than good.

Reeks of desperation. I abandoned my seat licenses 7 years ago in the club level and they still call me every June to see if I am interested in getting those same seats just for the cost of the tickets, no additional seat license fee.

I always find it funny how no matter what the Bengals do, people find something negative to say about it.

The reality of the situation is basically every nfl team is having to try to find ways to get people to games. With the blackout rule no longer in effect, and the home experience of watching games. It gives little reason for fans of any team to go to games.

I always find it funny how no matter what the Bengals do, people find something negative to say about it.

The reality of the situation is basically every nfl team is having to try to find ways to get people to games. With the blackout rule no longer in effect, and the home experience of watching games. It gives little reason for fans of any team to go to games.

And not just football, baseball and nascar have been dropping attendance.

The fact that Cincinnati has the lowest home attendance of any team but the LA Rams is not due just to the factors that you state here. A whole lot of it has to do with Mike Brown and his stooges and their inability to put a quality product on the field.

The fact that Cincinnati has the lowest home attendance of any team but the LA Rams is not due just to the factors that you state here. A whole lot of it has to do with Mike Brown and his stooges and their inability to put a quality product on the field.

Simply not true. For 5 straight years they had a quality product on the field and made 5 straight playoffs. The Bengals have been in the playoffs 6 times in the last 9 years. I believe I heard only 10 teams have done that in the last 9 years. So they have put a quality product on the field more than the majority of the nfl over the last 9 years.

People use the Mike Brown thing as their go to for why they don't go to games. When the reality of the situation is very simple. The Cincinnati area is not a good sports city. We can blame the teams, but at the end of the day even when the reds 4 years ago were having good years, attendance wasn't great. Was it better than losing years, yes. Was it good not really. Especially for a town that is called "a baseball town" Its not a great sports city. I truly believe the reds and Bengals could have championship seasons and their next seasons attendance would be better but not great still. It's a poor sports city and then when you add the expense of going to the games, and how the home experience watching games is really good. Those are more reasons than Mike Brown.

Chargers?