How much do HS games on TV hurt attendance?

Friday night in NKY ICN6 will televise the Highlands vs CovCath football game.

1. How much does televising a game live hurt attendance at that game?

2. How much does televising that game live hurt attendance at other games in that immediate area?

3. How much does the weather play a factor in attendance at televised live games?

1. If its not a sellout then it hurts it.

2. I'd say "none."

3. Lots as I will most likely be dry and cozy when I would have been in attendance had it not been for TV and the weather.

Curious to answer #2.

Do you think anyone who was going to the Dayton/Bellevue game or the Newport/Lloyd or Dixie/Ryle game might be tempted to stay home dry and cozy BECAUSE they can watch Highlands/CovCath on TV?

Without a doubt it hurts attendance all the way around. Anytime you have all the comforts of home available and a good game vs. just a game, the games are going to lose out.

IMO if you're a fan of a particular school , you're going to that game to see your team. For those like me who are able to see many different teams , it may affect my decision. However, those folks in my situation are small in number.

Now, add in bad weather and you've got another story.

The Male vs Manual game will be on Insight 2 on Sat night, I doubt it hurts attendance at all on this one.

Wouldn't have hurt the Trinity vs X game either, that was supposed to be televised, don't know if they showed the partial game or not.

I think the combination of weather and TV will effect the Highlands/Cov. Cath. game. If it were a beautiful night and the game was on tv then no it would not effect the gate. If it was a rainy night and the game was not televised, it may have a slight effect on the game. ( Fair weather fans)