Cards at Reds 4/13-4/16

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think perhaps the most important spot in the batting order is leadoff. Teams with really good leadoff hitters usually are good offensive teams. I would put Winker at leadoff and leave him alone. My lineup starts there.

#2 in my order is Suarez when healthy. Good OBP and solid hitter. Plus he is a righty and that splits lefties Winker and Votto, who obviously is everyone's #3 hitter.

Cleanup is Scooter Gennett. Dude batted .349 last year with runners in scoring position. Good protection for Votto.

That top 4 is locked in. Don't mess with it.

I lean toward Barnhart at #5. Not a lot of power but good solid at bats, good OBP, and best of the rest with runners in scoring position.

#6 is a platoon of Duvall and Schebler plus Hamilton. If both are playing I would go with Duvall at 6 and Schebler at 7 to break up the lefties.

I would go with Peraza at 7 or 8, depending on whether Hamilton is playing.

If Hamilton plays he hits 9.

I'm fine with a lot of what you've got here. A slight variation would be:

1. Winker

2. Barnhart

3. Votto

4. Suarez

5. Gennett

6. Duvall/Schebler

7. Peraza

8. pitcher

9. Hamilton

This would break Votto/Gennett up and put a right hander in between them (not named Duvall). I also like Peraza batting in front of the pitcher, just because if he happens to get on base and Price decides to bunt, you've got a guy with some wheels out there that can help you stay away from the force out.

They looked like Middle School vs. Varsity tonight

I mean didn't last night or the night before Iglesis had to bat because they had used all of their bench players by the 10th inning.

Tonight Pennington ends up pitching

Have never ever seen 5 walks in a row even in the worst little league game and I've seen what seems like hundreds of those

Just an awful performance of many so far for a major league team

Have always wondered after the depths the Reds have slipped to over the last 3 years especially, why Votto has not held out for a trade or asked to be traded.

Is it not in his best interests financially is the reason or how does his contract work if the Reds were to honor a trade request by him?