Zeke Pike arrested....again!

98NCCalum

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Least shocking news ever....How many strikes do we allow before we actually throw the book at local HS star athletes?

I’m not sure that it’s his status as a former athlete that’s kept him out of serious punishment, although he has done jail time. Like many addicts, he’s not been a violent offender, and I don’t know that serious jail time is in the equation. Not to mention he does come from money which is a big help in avoiding serious punishment. Unfortunately, it might take him hurting someone else to get any serious punishment. At this point, he’s 25, with a long arrest record, and showing no signs of being able to shake his long time addiction, and a history of blowing any chance that he’s been given.

How does Covington Catholic/Eviston react to this? Does he remain on staff?

Does the school’s drug testing of students and the zero tolerance policy extend beyond the student body?

I think they showed that that CLEARLY doesn't apply to anyone besides students when they decided to overlook Zeke's 4 arrests between 2012 and 2016 and hire him on as a coach anyway.

I think they showed that that CLEARLY doesn't apply to anyone besides students when they decided to overlook Zeke's 4 arrests between 2012 and 2016 and hire him on as a coach anyway.

Appreciate the insight...so you think the CovCath admin/Bob Rowe are going to turn a blind eye?

I hope that’s not the case. He needs to be let go so he can focus on sobriety and growing up to be the good god fearing man he claims to be on social media.

Appreciate the insight...so you think the CovCath admin/Bob Rowe are going to turn a blind eye?

I hope that’s not the case. He needs to be let go so he can focus on sobriety and growing up to be the good god fearing man he claims to be on social media.

I don't know if blind eye is the correct term, but I do think the CCH administrators have obviously already ignored some very obvious warning signs that were screaming to not have this young man on the sidelines coaching their students. And it's not like they could say they couldn't anticipate this as a completely possible, or even probable outcome. I don't get that move in the first place, but hey, it must have been "neat" to see one of your football players have his big brother on the sideline coaching him. Let's just not concern ourselves with those pesky felonies on his record. Besides, he's got his whole "Zeke Speaks" Number Eight Ministries going, right? Those speaking engagements were all court-ordered as a term of Zeke's probation, by the way.

I don't see how they can possibly retain him as a coach, first and foremost because Zeke is virtually guaranteed to be headed back behind bars now due to this violation of the terms of his probation. Additionally, well, it would seem pretty criminally dumb as a school to hire him back, at least as far as I can see it.

When CovCath hired him he was on the right track speaking and helping others. They did a good thing but clearly Zeke was lying his butt off. I don't think the general public will be seeing or hearing from him for a long time.

When CovCath hired him he was on the right track speaking and helping others. They did a good thing but clearly Zeke was lying his butt off. I don't think the general public will be seeing or hearing from him for a long time.

I think there's a major difference between "on the right track" and "a decade recovered and sober". They took a very premature risk in allowing him to coach, and that risk has left them with egg on their face.

He was a HS QB 8 years ago. Like I said, slow day.

6, but who's counting :) I'm thinking he is probably the highest profile HS athlete in NKY over the last decade or so (or at least top 3), from a well known family. Given his high profile, and long history of trouble, it's not surprising that it's made the news. Especially given the coverage that his "turnaround" got just a little over a year ago. But given the only coverage that I can find online is coming from the NKY Tribune, (which is a small, local, newspaper) I'd say this really hasn't been huge news.