Kansas 85 Duke 81 OT

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that shot falls at the end of regulation and Duke went on to win another Title with Grayson, where would he rank with Duke fans? Would he be loved above Hurley, Redick or Hill?

Now my wheels are turning....

Laettner

Hurley

Redick

Hill

Jay Williams

Battier

Tyus Jones

Nolan Smith

Singler

Wojo

I’d say most of those guys will be beloved more than Grayson.

Probably can add a couple of others.

Quinn Cook

Okafor

Winslow

I still can’t understand how Kansas didn’t attack Carter, Jr with four fouls. He played almost the whole second half with four fouls. Allen, as much as I can’t stand him, does an awesome job of creating fouls. If that shot drops he’s a legend. As it stands he’s a very good player with issues

Question for people (Seriously) Will this season be considered a disappointment for Duke? For the following reasons:#1 Recruiting Class, Consensus #1 Pre-Season ranking, did not win either the ACC regular season title or the ACC tournament title, and finally did not make the final 4.

I think they underachieved in the regular season but I am fine with them losing in the Elite 8 to a better team.

I still can’t understand how Kansas didn’t attack Carter, Jr with four fouls. He played almost the whole second half with four fouls. Allen, as much as I can’t stand him, does an awesome job of creating fouls. If that shot drops he’s a legend. As it stands he’s a very good player with issues

I think he’ll always be a Duke legend.

There was ZERO word of any idea of K retiring this year. But there was plenty of talk about if Duke won that K would surpass John Wooden as the all time final four leader (13 for K to 12 for Woodwn). If Duke wins today then wins the title does K hang it up? He’s an awesome coach and my UK allegiance wants him to retire sooner than. Later

If a Coach Cal team had the players and results Duke did this year, the haters would be all over him after a loss like this one. Claims that all he can do is recruit; he can't win with the best players; he can't coach to game situations (no time out!?! ... what was that last play he called for Allen?).

If a Coach Cal team had the players and results Duke did this year, the haters would be all over him after a loss like this one. Claims that all he can do is recruit; he can't win with the best players; he can't coach to game situations (no time out!?! ... what was that last play he called for Allen?).

It doesn’t matter because Coach Cal can’t hold Coach K’s jock.

I guess you could say that Duke underachieved. They didn't win anything in the ACC and didn't make the Final Four.

Plus, they were 3.5 point favorites today over the one seed. That speaks volumes.

The issue with Duke and it has been an issue over the last couple of years and that is defense. Duke went to this gimmicky zone and it at times looked like a 4-1 zone and they left shooters wide open all day long. Other than some pull-up threes, most of KU's three point attempts were wide open.

I thought that Duke didn't handle the late game sitch very well or at least was very questionable.

Duval driving and turning it over out of a timeout. Duval shooting a 3 from the corner. Not getting Bagley touches.

It will be interesting to see who all leaves Duke.

Bagley and Carter for sure. Does Trent make the jump? He will be key for next year because if he leaves they will be devoid of shooters next year.

Their incoming class is unreal, but a couple of them play the same position.