Kansas 85 Duke 81 OT

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a tweet that there is just no way is true...Duke hasn’t made a Final Four as anything but a 1 seed in 24 years, since 1994? There’s no way that’s accurate is it?

Yep. And all five titles Duke has won has been them as a #1 seed. I believe in weird stuff like that which is why I didn’t have them winning it all or making the Final Four. I had Michigan State, so that shows what I know :D

KU (+15) on the boards and (+6) from 3pt land. To the victors go the spoils and a date with a team that is on its on roll. After all the upsets 2 #1 seeds and a #3 seed still in the Final Four with a true cinderella.

While Duke did not have the record of UK's 2015 team and Kansas is better than Wisconsin was but to me this is has to be just disappointing. I think they had without a doubt the best talent in the country. It just goes to show that the teams with most talent don't win.

Eh I think that Wisconsin team was better than this Kansas team. But that's a whole other debate lol.

With that said this is another example of how hard it is to win this tournament. People say Coach Cal should have won more than one title at UK. However as we seen again with the best coach of all time in Coach K. You can have the most talented team in the country but it doesn't guarntee anything.

I think Bagley only touched the ball once in OT.

It's like against UNC in the ACC tourney when he only touched it once in about a ten-minute span in the second half.

Bagley is my all-time favorite Duke player and the fact that over and over they couldn't get him the ball in position to score is just a horrible indictment on the guards.

It's like against UNC in the ACC tourney when he only touched it once in about a ten-minute span in the second half.

Bagley is my all-time favorite Duke player and the fact that over and over they couldn't get him the ball in position to score is just a horrible indictment on the guards.

Or maybe Kansas just played great defense and crowded the paint and played the passing lanes well forcing Duke to take three point shots that they didn’t want to have to take? Let’s not act like Bagley wasn’t double and triple teamed all night long and that he was just standing in the paint wide open waiting for the ball. Instead of indicting the Duke guards for being smart and not forcing passes that aren’t there why not give Bill Self and Kansas credit for playing great defense and making sure that they didn’t get beat by Bagley and Carter?

Or maybe Kansas just played great defense and crowded the paint and played the passing lanes well forcing Duke to take three point shots that they didn’t want to have to take? Let’s not act like Bagley wasn’t double and triple teamed all night long and that he was just standing in the paint wide open waiting for the ball. Instead of indicting the Duke guards for being smart and not forcing passes that aren’t there why not give Bill Self and Kansas credit for playing great defense and making sure that they didn’t get beat by Bagley and Carter?

Yeah Kansas played fine, but they weren't the Jordan Bulls on defense. If they couldn't go inside to him, then they should have given the ball to him in space more than just once in the last 10 of the game and OT.

It is funny you are defending the Duke Guards after you have raked them all season. :lol2:

Yeah Kansas played fine, but they weren't the Jordan Bulls on defense. If they couldn't go inside to him, then they should have given the ball to him in space more than just once in the last 10 of the game and OT.

It is funny you are defending the Duke Guards after you have raked them all season. :lol2:

Overall in this game today they didn’t do anything to make me mad. All three of them hit big shots throughout the game. They didn’t have a plethora of silly turnovers. They battled and played hard. What I saw was Kansas saying we are going to do everything we can to disrupt Bagley on offense and they did it. He never got comfortable at all. Even when he got the ball he didn’t dominate the game. I thought Kansas did a great job and for once I am not salty about how the Duke guards played. The better team won.