DeKeyvan Tandy Receives Scholarship Offer from Kansas State

How many games did you all watch Green in high school? How many games have you watched Tandy against college teams who are 21 and 22 year olds?

I would venture to say most people in the area from Green is from would say Green coming out of high school was better than Tandy. Until Tandy plays college games it's impossible to know.

I've never watched Green in HS. I have watched Tandy multiple times. I agree it is hard to tell but in my opinion he will be better.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Heights alumn and I have seen many greats come through our school

From Greg Buckner, Harold Swannagan, Isiah Victor, Ravi Moss, Joshua Mack, Ty Edmonson, Scotty Hopson, Tray Hollowell, etc.

Those guys all succeeded at some point at the next level. Some more than others(one a freshman now), but Kyky is better at this point than all of those guys. He is a far better player than Hawkins/Willis/Hood were at this point by a long shot. You do not get the looks/offers he gets if he is not the real deal. Calipari does not come and watch kids from Hopkinsville Ky if he is not serious.

He will play and contribute from day one. He definitely will play at the power 5 level and put up numbers wherever he is at. If he goes to UK his stats will be lower because of talent around him, but put him at a Florida and he will be their best player.

I've never watched Green in HS. I have watched Tandy multiple times. I agree it is hard to tell but in my opinion he will be better.

Fair enough. I think a lot of people sell Green short. Green reminds me a lot of the guards Kansas has. They always seem to have guards who are around 3 to 4 years and by their junior or senior seasons they are considered to be some of the top guards in the country. I love Greens demeanour and think he will be similar to what we see from Kansas guards by the end of his career.

How many games did you all watch Green in high school? How many games have you watched Tandy against college teams who are 21 and 22 year olds?

I would venture to say most people in the area from Green is from would say Green coming out of high school was better than Tandy. Until Tandy plays college games it's impossible to know.

Like I said, Tandy is better than Green. Tandy is more athletic, shoots the ball better, quicker and more physical along with being a better ball handler.

Like I said, Tandy is better than Green. Tandy is more athletic, shoots the ball better, quicker and more physical along with being a better ball handler.

How many games of Green did you watch of him in high school? Your basing your opinion of Tandy vs high schoolers. While only going off what Green has looked like against other top D1 players. When Green while in high school did look great and all those things you mentioned and why he was ranked so high.

I have no doubt in my mind that Tandy can play and can make an impact wherever he ends up, but let's pump the brakes a tad.

For comparison:

He has offers from UC, Kansas State, Iowa State, Florida, New Mexico State, Oklahoma, WKU and Tennessee. Interest from quite a few others.

Quade Green, while being a McDonald's All-American, had offers from Kentucky, Syracuse, Villanova, Duke, Kansas, Arizona, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Penn State, Rhode Island, and Temple.

Green's offers pretty much read like a who's who of college basketball's blue-bloods.

I have no doubt in my mind that Tandy can play and can make an impact wherever he ends up, but let's pump the brakes a tad.

For comparison:

He has offers from UC, Kansas State, Iowa State, Florida, New Mexico State, Oklahoma, WKU and Tennessee. Interest from quite a few others.

Quade Green, while being a McDonald's All-American, had offers from Kentucky, Syracuse, Villanova, Duke, Kansas, Arizona, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Penn State, Rhode Island, and Temple.

Green's offers pretty much read like a who's who of college basketball's blue-bloods.

This

Regardless of who offered Quade Green a scholarship I think he is a decent player but he isn't at the level that past UK point guards have been and he hasn't impressed me. I think KyKy will be better than Green down the road

Quade is what he was advertised to be. The problem is people expect and compare him to come in and be John Wall or Brandon Knight. He was never expected to be that, so people mistake his play as under-performing. From what I saw of Quade, I thought he ended up being pretty darn good, and will be the next X amount of years. Sure we can highlight underwhelming moments, but I also take into account him being banged up and the fact he is a Freshman.

Quade is what he was advertised to be. The problem is people expect and compare him to come in and be John Wall or Brandon Knight. He was never expected to be that, so people mistake his play as under-performing. From what I saw of Quade, I thought he ended up being pretty darn good, and will be the next X amount of years. Sure we can highlight underwhelming moments, but I also take into account him being banged up and the fact he is a Freshman.

So, in your opinion do you think Green starts next year at point for UK?

I'm not saying Green is bad I just don't think he is impressive, he's a decent point guard. Also I'm not saying he doesn't have talent I just don't enjoy watching his game. I think Tandy is impressive in high school and will probably be impressive in college