DeKeyvan Tandy Receives Scholarship Offer from Kansas State

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green may start next year at point for UK. Their recruiting class isn't very strong yet but that's subject to change.

They have 2 McDonald's All-Americans and another elite scoring 2G. They're the #6 ranked class in the country. What more does it have to have to be impressive?

They only have 3 top of 100 players and only 1 is in the top 16. That's a strong class for almost any school but at UK, especially when Duke has the top 3 recruits, it's not nearly as impressive as they've had in recent years.

Regardless of who offered Quade Green a scholarship I think he is a decent player but he isn't at the level that past UK point guards have been and he hasn't impressed me. I think KyKy will be better than Green down the road

Well obviously he is not at the level of other UK pgs. Because the other UK pgs were people who were one and done type talent like Wall, Bledsoe, Knight, Fox, etc. Green is a type that many people said they wanted. A guy who would be here three to four years. You don't get top elite NBA talent type players who will then also stay three to four years just because.

As I mentioned before Green reminds me of the guards we see Kansas has. Kansas always seems to have top guards, and they always seem to be guards with experience. Meaning by the time they are juniors and seniors they become known as some of the top guards. I see that with Green. Many UK fans can't see that because we are so use to NBA type ready guys right away, we have forgot players do improve each year.

I have no doubt in my mind that Tandy can play and can make an impact wherever he ends up, but let's pump the brakes a tad.

For comparison:

He has offers from UC, Kansas State, Iowa State, Florida, New Mexico State, Oklahoma, WKU and Tennessee. Interest from quite a few others.

Quade Green, while being a McDonald's All-American, had offers from Kentucky, Syracuse, Villanova, Duke, Kansas, Arizona, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Penn State, Rhode Island, and Temple.

Green's offers pretty much read like a who's who of college basketball's blue-bloods.

Exactly! Tandy will be a good player IMO, but we just don't know how great until he gets to college. Green in high school was regarded as being better than what Tandy is now. Tandy will have a good career, and so will Green. IMO he seems like the type of kid who will work to make sure he ends up being very good, and obviously not afraid to take big shots. Even if they didn't go in a lot of times this year lol.

As of right now, I'd say it's a coin-flip between him and Quickley.

Green may start next year at point for UK. Their recruiting class isn't very strong yet but that's subject to change.

I think Quickley will start and he will use Green like he did this year. As a guy who could possibly bring a spark off the bench and come in ready to create and hit some shots while playing tough defense.

Quickley and Johnson will be the starting guards, and possibly Herro too depending on who stays.

I'm not saying Green is bad I just don't think he is impressive, he's a decent point guard. Also I'm not saying he doesn't have talent I just don't enjoy watching his game. I think Tandy is impressive in high school and will probably be impressive in college

That is the thing Green was impressive in high school. Enough to where all the elite schools wanted him. Green will end up having a great career at UK imo, and Tandy will have a good career too wherever he ends up.

I also think Cal should've recruited Hollingsworth. I think Green will be good..2 or 3 years down the road. And like I just said earlier, regardless of who recruited Green he just hasn't impressed me. I really don't hold who offers a player that high because we see over and under rated players every year, I was just giving my opinion on Green