DeKeyvan Tandy Receives Scholarship Offer from Kansas State

As the snippet you posted said, it's not likely...

I just said it won’t shock me if he does transfer because he might think if I am not going to start next year will I ever and will that hurt me from making it to the next level.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

FISHERS, Ind. — While Kentucky native and 4-star guard prospect KyKy Tandy is still waiting on an offer from the home-state Wildcats, Cincinnati has emerged in his recruitment after a series of four in-home visits earlier this month.

“All of them basically said the same thing but I really like Cincinnati because they really talk about life and what really happens when you get on a college campus,” Tandy told SEC Country at the Under Armour Association stop this weekend outside Indianapolis.

Tandy’s offer list includes Cincinnati, Florida, Tennessee, Iowa State, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Western Kentucky and New Mexico State. Kentucky is absent from that list, but Tandy hasn’t lost touch with John Calipari and his coaching staff.

“They’re still texting me a lot,” he said. “They’re supposed to come and see me play soon, but we’ll just have to wait and see.”

Dominique Hawkins and Derek Willis in 2013 were the last in-state prospects to sign with Kentucky. Tandy knows the history, or lack thereof, of Calipari offering a homegrown player. He’s also aware of just how much UK fans seem to be clamoring for another in-state product to cheer for.

“It’d be a blessing if they offered me,” Tandy said. “I’m from Kentucky, so usually Kentucky kids don’t get that offer. I’ve been working my butt off and hopefully I’ll get that offer.”

Kentucky basketball: In-state star KyKy Tandy still hoping for offer from John Calipari's Cats

• 2 weeks later...