BCS Rankings

letabrotherspeak

Make no mistake that if they beat UL and Rutgers they will jump up from #14. I just don't think it would be enough. BCS talk makes my head hurt... :lol:

Which, believe it or not, with Louisville being at a 9 right now, if they were to sweep the rest of way, they could "sneak" right in.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could there be any way it happens or any way to justify Michigan and Ohio State playing two games in a row. Are they truly the two best teams? I think they are.

You make a very good point and I am really thinking that this may be the two best teams at the end of the year. I don't think that we will see two teams from the same conference for the national title. I think that it was strike that posted that there are some very big game scoming up in the next few weeks that will separate some. I could see either Auburn or Fla. if either one runs the table the rest of the way and the SEC title game playing the winner of the Ohio St./Mich. game in the title game though. Depending on what happens the rest of the way. I am hoping that USC gets beat by someone (N.D. or Cal maybe) and I think that they will.

Obviously, the great Charlie Weis doesn't like the new BCS rankings.....He was just on ESPN crying about how they got passed up by 2 teams.....Best line had to be (paraphrased), "How can 2 teams jump us when we go out and have a game winning drive in a thrilling football game?"

Here's how Charlie....You were playing an average UCLA team at your place without their starting QB, and you NEEDED a last second drive to win.

Why don't we take what Charlie said in the proper context instead of trying to make him out to be an idiot. It does make more sense to report all of what he said rather than just one line.

"One of the teams [Tennessee] that jumped us had the same game that we had. They're down, they're playing at home and they win by a field goal," Weis said Tuesday. "Another team [Florida] that jumped us wasn't even playing. They were home eating cheeseburgers and they end up jumping us. That befuddles me."

Clemson jumped ahead of Notre Dame in The Associated Press Top 25 poll with a 31-7 victory over Georgia Tech, a team the Irish struggled to beat 14-10 in the season opener. The Irish dropped two spots to No. 10 in the coaches' poll after Florida, which had a bye, and Tennessee, which came back from seven points down to beat Alabama 16-13 with a touchdown with 3:28 left, moved ahead of the Irish.

Texas, which needed a 22-yard field goal to beat Nebraska 22-20 with 23 seconds left, passed the Irish in the BCS standings, dropping the Irish to No. 9.

"Tell me how that works?" Weis said. "Maybe I'm just stupid. Tell me how that works?"

It was the second time this season the Irish dropped in the polls following a win. After beating Georgia Tech, they fell from No. 2 to No 4 in the AP and from third to fifth in the coaches' poll. They also fell from No. 8 to No. 9 in the AP poll on their off week two weeks ago.

Is Tennessee coming from behind at home to beat a 5-3 Alabama team really that much better than Notre Dame doing the same to a 4-3 UCLA team.

Why don't we take what Charlie said in the proper context instead of trying to make him out to be an idiot. It does make more sense to report all of what he said rather than just one line.

"One of the teams [Tennessee] that jumped us had the same game that we had. They're down, they're playing at home and they win by a field goal," Weis said Tuesday. "Another team [Florida] that jumped us wasn't even playing. They were home eating cheeseburgers and they end up jumping us. That befuddles me."

Clemson jumped ahead of Notre Dame in The Associated Press Top 25 poll with a 31-7 victory over Georgia Tech, a team the Irish struggled to beat 14-10 in the season opener. The Irish dropped two spots to No. 10 in the coaches' poll after Florida, which had a bye, and Tennessee, which came back from seven points down to beat Alabama 16-13 with a touchdown with 3:28 left, moved ahead of the Irish.

Texas, which needed a 22-yard field goal to beat Nebraska 22-20 with 23 seconds left, passed the Irish in the BCS standings, dropping the Irish to No. 9.

"Tell me how that works?" Weis said. "Maybe I'm just stupid. Tell me how that works?"

It was the second time this season the Irish dropped in the polls following a win. After beating Georgia Tech, they fell from No. 2 to No 4 in the AP and from third to fifth in the coaches' poll. They also fell from No. 8 to No. 9 in the AP poll on their off week two weeks ago.

Is Tennessee coming from behind at home to beat a 5-3 Alabama team really that much better than Notre Dame doing the same to a 4-3 UCLA team.

Yes...here's why. UT vs. Alabama...3rd Saturday in October...Conference game...I don't really need to say more.

UCLA is hardly as good this year as UM, OSU, or UT. Now Notre Dame can't help that these schedules are done years in advance. The fact remains that the Pac-10 is much weaker than the SEC i.e. Cal vs. UT. I would really like to see USC play somebody in the SEC besides Arkansas early...heck I'd like to see those two play now that it is a little later in the season. Of topic sorry. Point being I can see why UT would move above them playing a good SEC opponent vs. an average Pac-10 opponent. No knock on the Irish though...Just another reason we need a playoff. Teams are playing 12 games now...heck lets make the regular season 10 games, take the top 6 teams and have a playoff all the others play a normal bowl season. The BCS Championship would rotate as now and the three other venues that are BCS bowls would host two of the playoff and one regular bowl game. The argument that it is too many games would not hold because if the team comes from a conference with a championship game it would be a 14 game season...the same as this year assuming the team makes a bowl...if a normal conference such as Pac-10 or Big-10 they would play 13. That my friends is not a reach and everybody gets paid.