Male 28 Saint Xavier 27 (OT)

LSURock

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That theme really gets under your skin doesnt it? I mean it must since you post it about 2-3 times a week.:D

Gets under my skin? Being reminded of the Rocks defeating maybe the greatest St.X team of all time in the state final. I wouldn't say that gets under my skin would capture it.:D :lol:

I can guarantee you that the crowd size was MUCH LARGER than the 8,500 reported in the Courier-Journal this morning. The St. X. Hall of Fame inductees from the previous night's ceremony were there with their families and friends to be further honored, plus it was Little Tigers Night. The stands were full, the hill and track was full, and it was mobbed with young people under the stands. Unlike most public schools, Male brought an outstanding group of supporters with them. This great support is one of the main reasons why Male competes so well with St. X., year in and year out. Maybe I can get a true count from Frank Cooper and post it. :rolleyes:

I agree with what you say about Male wholeheartedly. Busing so destroyed the community school and following of the public programs Male rose from the ashes in a far BETTER state than it was in prior to busing. I long for the prebusing days of Jefferson County football

Sorry, not buying. Your goal is just to get to the title game? Maybe that explains "last game".:D

Well, their goal is to not only get there, but to win the title game. Thus, this year's theme words "last game" was taken from a motivational incentive given to the players which is to "WIN OUR LAST GAME". The players are playing forward to this years ending, and certainly are not continuing to reminisce about last years Trinity game. Enough already with your misinterpretation of "last game".

Well, their goal is to not only get there, but to win the title game. Thus, this year's theme words "last game" was taken from a motivational incentive given to the players which is to "WIN OUR LAST GAME". The players are playing forward to this years ending, and certainly are not continuing to reminisce about last years Trinity game. Enough already with your misinterpretation of "last game".

I knew what the slogan meant. I know what its based on. It was brought out during the off season. Although some on this site (X men all) tried to tell us that it was about the actual last game, as in the the Tigers most recent game. So if you are honest you would admit the Trinity connection to the slogan. You know, "WIN OUR LAST GAME" as opposed to what you did last year. If there was no last year there wouldn't be any reason for a slogan. You can't deny the connection. No "misinterpretation" on this end.

I knew what the slogan meant. I know what its based on. It was brought out during the off season. Although some on this site (X men all) tried to tell us that it was about the actual last game, as in the the Tigers most recent game. So if you are honest you would admit the Trinity connection to the slogan. You know, "WIN OUR LAST GAME" as opposed to what you did last year. If there was no last year there wouldn't be any reason for a slogan. You can't deny the connection. No "misinterpretation" on this end.

Get over it. This WAS a St.X - Male thread and I would like to get back to it. Trust me it's not all about Trinity. There are other games, and many other facets of life and high school football that include NO thought of your beloved rocks.:creepy:

Now, back to the thread.

Last year has nothing to do with winning our last game this year. If we win this year's last game, then we've won the state championship, otherwise we've lost our last game. That's the reality of it, nothing more, nothing less.