February 7, 20188 yr Then upon further thought, it's pointless and doesn't really accomplish anything positive IMO. It allows them to play against teams. Otherwise a home school kid could not compete against KHSAA teams.
February 7, 20188 yr ???Not sure I follow you here Ru. If there are going to be home schooled football teams and if those teams are going to play KHSAA teams how each KHSAA team does against those home schooled teams should be a factor in determining any seeding for the playoffs.
February 7, 20188 yr Author If there are going to be home schooled football teams and if those teams are going to play KHSAA teams how each KHSAA team does against those home schooled teams should be a factor in determining any seeding for the playoffs. Got you. I don't anticipate home school football teams, many of them can't get enough kids to field competitive baseball teams, but you never know I guess.
February 7, 20188 yr If there are going to be home schooled football teams and if those teams are going to play KHSAA teams how each KHSAA team does against those home schooled teams should be a factor in determining any seeding for the playoffs. I disagree. Why would you factor non-KHSAA games into KHSAA seeding?
February 7, 20188 yr If there are going to be home schooled football teams and if those teams are going to play KHSAA teams how each KHSAA team does against those home schooled teams should be a factor in determining any seeding for the playoffs. I don't think football is mentioned as one of the sports that they may compete in.
February 7, 20188 yr I disagree. Why would you factor non-KHSAA games into KHSAA seeding? For the same reason you would factor in an out of state team.
February 7, 20188 yr Who will be the first Ky team to schedule the Lavar Ball boneheads? This practice certainly would be a way for AAU type teams to play year round and skip high school hoops. They could play the best high school teams then have their own AAU type championships at the end of the year.
February 7, 20188 yr For the same reason you would factor in an out of state team. Would you factor out of state teams? How?
February 7, 20188 yr Would you factor out of state teams? How? That is one of those million dollar questions. Probably Cal Preps, by the time the seeding takes place Cal Preps should have a pretty good handle on things.
February 7, 20188 yr Would you factor out of state teams? How? The football playoffs count wins by defeated opponents as one of their playoff tiebreakers. Many times those "defeated opponents" are from other states.
February 8, 20188 yr The amount of children homeschooled in Kentucky is alarming. Maybe we could create a seventh class of football.
February 8, 20188 yr The amount of children homeschooled in Kentucky is alarming. Maybe we could create a seventh class of football. Yes it is. I know there are some they get what they need academically but most of the ones that I see do not.
February 8, 20188 yr Yes it is. I know there are some they get what they need academically but most of the ones that I see do not. Some and most are the key words. I hate we seem to be encouraging the practice with this new bill.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.