St. X vs. Male: Who Wins and Why?

Who do you THINK (not hope) will win?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you THINK (not hope) will win?

If anyone has been keeping up with X up untill the Trinity game you would have to say Wade is the better QB. He has made one bad mistake the whole year and that was throwing that intro in the X-T game, which by the way I strongly believe that X would have won if the game would have been played out. In the first game Chris Wade led X to both of their scoring drive, which won them the game. In the Highlands game if it wasn't for Wades great passing X would have had zero chance to win. Also in the Manual game if Manuals defence didn't make Vic look like Jesus in cleats and X would have had to rely on Zoellers arm I think it would have been a whole new ball game. This year for X they might have the most explosive offencive weapons they have ever had with Vic and Duece in the backfield and Passufume and Simmons at widereciever, and with Wades throwing ability that was a combination that couldn't be beat. Also someone said something about how Zoeller is a much superior runner, if im not mistaken X really has never given Wade a chance to run and everytime he has had to run he was very productive. This year X needed to realize the only running their QB needed to be doing is running the hand off back to Vic or Duece or sprinting out to throw to one of their weapons at widereciever. Just to finish off my point Redman is not going to allow Vic to beat him just like he did last year and I believe the only way X has a chance to win versus a superior Male team is

:laugh: :laugh:

I am sure Wade is a great kid and all, but we have seen the proof in the pudding so to speak...

Thanks for playing.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 1999 the Tigers had the speed to break the line for big gains(Butler, Legel, Payne), and I see this Friday. Unfortunately, I think Male has the horses too. I see a high scoring game that can go either way. Turnovers may be the final key.

True....this will be another huge test for Finch, imo.

I just spoke with a Male football parent and long time supporter who told me he has never seen Bobby R. so fired up for a game, ever. Also they have been working on plays for a couple of weeks that have never been used in a game this year to be used against St.X. My reply was "this is not the game you want to win, its the rematch in 3 weeks". Could the Dogs be putting too much on this game with the Rams next and a likely rematch with the Tigers in 3 weeks? What say you!

Although you are correct that the rematch (we both have to get past either Manual and PRP first, so don't overlook them) is the most important, the St. X. staff and team are also fired up about this confrontation. I know for a fact that the total game planning and team preparation has been extremely intense this week. Don't let anyone kid you, we want to win this game, as well as the rematch, if it does occur. :fight:

Although you are correct that the rematch (we both have to get past either Manual and PRP first, so don't overlook them) is the most important, the St. X. staff and team are also fired up about this confrontation. I know for a fact that the total game planning and team preparation has been extremely intense this week. Don't let anyone kid you, we want to win this game, as well as the rematch, if it does occur. :fight:

I am all for a sweep by the Tigers! It always seems like when any good St.X team is an underdog (which is rare) they rise to the occasion and get the victory. Don't you just love a big game like this!

I saw the thread on the game, and didn't feel like counting the various posts to see what conventional wisdom is about who will win.

I am all for a sweep by the Tigers! It always seems like when any good St.X team is an underdog (which is rare) they rise to the occasion and get the victory. Don't you just love a big game like this!

You couldn't be more right, X69. How could you not look forward to this kind of challenge?!! :thumb:

You sure about that Ox?

It sounds like he's an X coach or at least has all the inside information of a coach?

Check some of his previous posts, BirdieCat. He's definitely a "DAWG", although he could also be a Male coach. :cool:

RockPride whats your proof..... the facts are Chris Wade played better then Zoeller in every game Wade started other then the X-T game and anyones only argument against Wade in that game was the interception he threw because its not like Zoeller played good either. But the facts are Chris Wade was playing better then Zoeller and then politics stepped in and the rest is history. Thats the proof!

RINGTIME...What politics would have played in on Glaser's decision? Wade's father is one of the coaches. I think X has the luxury of having two good QB's. When Zoeller messes up in the Male game, Wade will get his chance, which he will. I think X will win, and I expect both QB's will see time. I see Vic and Duece breaking the line for long runs. Doug better be ready. Good luck to you all.

As I said before, this should be a classic barnburner. I forgot to wish both teams, especially the Tigers, good luck, and hope that there are no injuries Friday night, especially since it is this late in the season and playoffs looming.

RockPride whats your proof..... the facts are Chris Wade played better then Zoeller in every game Wade started other then the X-T game and anyones only argument against Wade in that game was the interception he threw because its not like Zoeller played good either. But the facts are Chris Wade was playing better then Zoeller and then politics stepped in and the rest is history. Thats the proof!

I love your posts keep them up...they make this last hour of work wonderful.

As I said before, this should be a classic barnburner. I forgot to wish both teams, especially the Tigers, good luck, and hope that there are no injuries Friday night, especially since it is this late in the season and playoffs looming.

Classy post Tigercat. I agree, especially with the no injures this late in the season part.

:thumb: GO TIGERS!:thumb: