Trinity 38 St. Xavier 21 - 6A State Championship

theguru

Does it matter when they got there? Still from Indiana that was the question.

Deuce was a good friend of my sons. I know when and how he got there. My son never complained. He was a good kid and was a good situation for him.

Move on. Your team lost again and you are bitter. Have a great offseason, I know they will on Shelbyville Road.

Oh yeah, how did he get there? Share some insight.

It’s just mighty convenient that one good player and another ok player happened to transfer together during the offseason. It’s not like those things happen by coincidence, but for some reason those on Shelbyville road act like they do. Head scratcher.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Food for Thought Dept...

Glaser was 7-14 against Beatty including a stretch where he won six of 10. He lost 6 in a row and was forced out. Wolford is 1-8 including a the current 7-game losing streak. Not to mention many folks think that X wins in 2013 with Charles Walker under Glaser's system. This issue is not Moore, Quick, Brohm, Anderson, Finch, or any other star player. Whiners only whine when they lose. T fans are content with the effort their players and coaches are putting forth. I am guessing next year if Anthony Palombino catches a couple of TDs against X the question will arise as to why he transferred to T his sophomore year. If X were to win then it won't come up.

Moore accounted for 293 of Trinitys 505 yards of offense.

Just under 60%, not a bad visual estimate. Sure an impact player! Difference maker that raised the level of play of those around him. Mr. Football (maybe, if it goes to the most talented senior in the state; not, if it goes to the senior player that had the biggest impact on the achievements of his high school team). Candidly, I don't know if there is a criteria for voters. Anybody know?

From the Food for Thought Dept...

Glaser was 7-14 against Beatty including a stretch where he won six of 10. He lost 6 in a row and was forced out. Wolford is 1-8 including a the current 7-game losing streak. Not to mention many folks think that X wins in 2013 with Charles Walker under Glaser's system. This issue is not Moore, Quick, Brohm, Anderson, Finch, or any other star player. Whiners only whine when they lose. T fans are content with the effort their players and coaches are putting forth. I am guessing next year if Anthony Palombino catches a couple of TDs against X the question will arise as to why he transferred to T his sophomore year. If X were to win then it won't come up.

I understand everyone on this site is a bit jaded including myself. Beatty and crew are great, coupled with more elite talent seeming to land on Shelbyville Rd, tough to compete on yearly basis. Not sure X, under current administration will or should enter the "arms" race for talent in top 2 sports.

Say what you want about Glaser but he understood what we had and had X competing more regularly with Trinity.

Those 2 kids you’re referring to transferred in during their sophomore and junior years or did they start their high school career at X? Asking for a friend...

I want to make sure I understand the X narrative for this. Start at a school but live in another state OK. Transfer in, follow all KHSAA rules regarding the transfer and even miss several games after the transfer not OK. Maybe, just maybe the folks at X need to figure our why kids want to transfer to one school and not the other.

If you aren’t one to bring up officiating then you wouldn’t have just brought it up.

Which call(s) bothered you the most?

The PI call against Dingle in the end zone. X's receiver clearly pushed off.

Non-call against X on the long TD run by Moore. On of X's players tackled Strothman.

Those are the ones that jump to mind.

I understand everyone on this site is a bit jaded including myself. Beatty and crew are great, coupled with more elite talent seeming to land on Shelbyville Rd, tough to compete on yearly basis. Not sure X, under current administration will or should enter the "arms" race for talent in top 2 sports.

Say what you want about Glaser but he understood what we had and had X competing more regularly with Trinity.

Both teams have the same opportunities to attract students and student-athletes. As long as they both follow the rules, which there has been no evidence to the contrary, then I have no problem with how Trinity is doing it their way. The St. X faithful need to stop complaining about it and step up their game.

Edited by bruin66

Agree wholeheartedly. It is about finding a way to be competitive and win with the talent you have and will attract. It is not about making excuses as to what you don't have or what the other guy has.

St. X battled hard in the championship game. However, as I have stated on this website on many occasions, the offense that St. X runs is not geared to best take advantage of the talent that it consistently attracts. What Glaser did on offense, while not perfect, took better advantage of the talent available and made the games against Trinity much more competitive.

I don't have a problem with kids from Indiana at private schools, just have a major problem with transfers at high school level. When you build your basketball and football team like that in high school it is shady.

Did you have a problem when St X brought in a transfer quarterback from Memphis and gave his dad a job on the staff to secure his services? Or how about a transfer running back from Manual who is the reason X got by PRP in the playoffs.

More Trinity students transfer out of Trinity and play HS football elsewhere, than transfer in.

Drew Zaubi(QB-South Oldham'17) was named best of bluegrass QB this year

Larry Harper III(QB- Waggoner'16) and Brother Manny(Waggoner'17, UK commit)

Come on X fans, don't be bitter. It happens all over.

Did you have a problem when St X brought in a transfer quarterback from Memphis and gave his dad a job on the staff to secure his services? Or how about a transfer running back from Manual who is the reason X got by PRP in the playoffs.

More Trinity students transfer out of Trinity and play HS football elsewhere, than transfer in.

Drew Zaubi(QB-South Oldham'17) was named best of bluegrass QB this year

Larry Harper III(QB- Waggoner'16) and Brother Manny(Waggoner'17, UK commit)

Come on X fans, don't be bitter. It happens all over.

The Manual transfer was buried on the depth chart until injuries forced him to play, not exactly the same as a Michigan commit and Texas commit showing up at your school.

You should never accept a senior transfer, especially at QB. The Nagel (sp) experiment was a complete joke because it took away from the development of Hoak who is the only QB to beat T during the Wolford era.

First of all, a heartfelt congrats to the Trinity faithful on the Championship. They earned it on the field and went undefeated through 15 games. Personally, I don't care if Trinity or St Xavier gets players from Argentina for their swimming or tennis or football teams, they are wearing Trinity or St Xavier on their uniforms and so they represent the school.

St Xavier has enjoyed the best fall sports of any school bar none. 2nd in football and Golf, 1st in soccer and cross country. Different priorities to be discussed in a different thread-Not here.

What is the difference that I saw yesterday? Not scheduling, not working harder, Take Rondale Moore away- same talent. It comes down to 9 plays. 8 plays for St Xavier inside Trinity's red zone in the 2nd half and no scores. 6 runs, 1 fade incompletion and 1 sack. 0 TDs.

Same as Vic Anderson in 2005 tackled by Dane Spoelker

Same as St Xavier unable to score in 4th quarter on a fumbled snap in 2007

Same as St Xavier unable to score in OT in 2007.

St Xavier has had more time of possession and ran more plays. 2017.

St Xavier has out gained in yards in 2014, 2007

St Xavier has had more talent, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2014.

St Xavier stopped Trinity's offense 7 times forcing 5 punts and 2 interceptions yesterday but time after time, year after year, St Xavier has been unable to score inside the Red Zone.

If St Xavier scores TDs there, then could of been different winner.

Please don't respond by saying coaching is better on every play- Trinity coaches didn't jump offsides in 2007 or fumble the snap in 2007 or overthrow a wide open Crum in the end zone yesterday.

Trinity yesterday 3-4 scoring in red Zone, St Xavier 1-3.

Oh the 9th play difference? For the umpteenth time in St Xavier Trinity history, a Trinity ball carrier/QB is in the end Zone and escapes without a safety. St Xavier defenders extended their streak to 0-5 in the finals for Trinity ball carriers getting a safety when the play call obviously put them in harms way. Rondale on the jet sweep that snapped from the 2 (again, why?)just went around our defender and got out. No 2 points for St Xavier, 7 points later in the drive for Trinity. Time and time again, year after year.

Once again, congrats to the Trinity faithful and prayers once again to the King family.