Trinity 38 St. Xavier 21 - 6A State Championship

theguru

Ok, so one call. You believe the game was badly officiated because of one call!

The reason it was an Louisville officiating crew was because they wouldn't throw a penalty flag every time there was a "late hit". A crew from a different area throws flags on those "late hits" and it drastically effects the game.

I guess you can add this to my excuse list.

d

It wasn’t a Louisville crew. You cannot officiate a state final for a team you officiate in the regular season. Can’t imagine folks that officiate in Louisville don’t have Trinity and X during the year. I believe part of the crew was from the Lexington area.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

d

It wasn’t a Louisville crew. You cannot officiate a state final for a team you officiate in the regular season. Can’t imagine folks that officiate in Louisville don’t have Trinity and X during the year. I believe part of the crew was from the Lexington area.

Fine, it was half a Louisville.

Sports fan, i believe trinity is heads and shoulders better than X in basketball. As a matter of fact, i think Trinity is also way ahead in basketball wins in the series of games played against Saint Xavier.

Lately yes, but all time I am guessing X is ahead. I would think X would have won 2 out of every 3 over the first 30-40 years of Trinity's existence, but maybe I am wrong.

Back to the football thread topic :-)... While I thought the officiating was bad, I thought some bad calls went against X also. And whomever you are, when you are winning by multiple scores the close calls don't tend to go your way. I think a deeper question/concern for the Commonwealth is that I think officiating has declined in a season-long fashion. Fewer people want to do it (oh gosh why?... could it be because people on sites like these bash them?), and as a result we are left with what we are left with. Guys who want to do it, doing the best they can.

Lately yes, but all time I am guessing X is ahead. I would think X would have won 2 out of every 3 over the first 30-40 years of Trinity's existence, but maybe I am wrong.

Back to the football thread topic :-)... While I thought the officiating was bad, I thought some bad calls went against X also. And whomever you are, when you are winning by multiple scores the close calls don't tend to go your way. I think a deeper question/concern for the Commonwealth is that I think officiating has declined in a season-long fashion. Fewer people want to do it (oh gosh why?... could it be because people on sites like these bash them?), and as a result we are left with what we are left with. Guys who want to do it, doing the best they can.

Is officiating really declining, or is it there is more outlets for people to express their ideas, which may not always be correct.

For example, the Mueller TD catch for X has been a “hot topic” for offensive pass interference...does he push off yes, but the T DB is holding onto his left for at least 5 yards. So if anything it’s a play on situation. Also, there were two flags thrown at just about the same time, wonder what each official had.

Officiating isn’t as bad as it is perceived, the problem is fans and some coaches don’t know the entire rule book.

It all happened so fast. 15 weeks, 15 wins, 1 more title. I'll go to a few basketball games, but football season is what I survive on. I've been so bored for the last 7 days. Nothing to look forward to.

GO ROCKS

The basketball games have been exciting. Come on out....

• 3 weeks later...
It all happened so fast. 15 weeks, 15 wins, 1 more title. I'll go to a few basketball games, but football season is what I survive on. I've been so bored for the last 7 days. Nothing to look forward to.

GO ROCKS

I especially love a season when we get to beat X twice!!

• 3 weeks later...
d

This is incorrect. The crew was 100% from Louisville.

You can't officiate a team you've seen in the regular season until the state semis.