Is anyone buying the Celtics??

14 game winning streak and now just came back from 17 down to beat the Warriors. Anyone buying that they can win the East? I just heard that the oldest teams in the league are the Warriors, Cavs, and Spurs. Celtics are one of the youngest - average age is 24. Are they a year away or can they break through and make the finals this year?

I am thinking that the Celtics/Sixers rivalry may be alive and well the next few years as they could very quickly become the best two teams in the East.

I think I am too but realize as long as LBJ is in the East, the road runs through his team. I do wonder if the Cavs will have to expend more energy this year in the regular season and that come playoff time, LBJ may be exhausted...will be fun to watch the season play out.

By then, the Sixers will have passed them up. Kyrie better get it done in the next two seasons. And by get it done, I mean keep LeBron out of the Finals.

Don't the Celtics still have a few more 1st round picks coming even though they gave up one to get Its he? Not to mention they are doing this without their second best player in Haywood that will be back with them next year. Not to mention the best coach in college or NBA imo in Brad Stevens.

Don't the Celtics still have a few more 1st round picks coming even though they gave up one to get Its he? Not to mention they are doing this without their second best player in Haywood that will be back with them next year. Not to mention the best coach in college or NBA imo in Brad Stevens.

Sixers have Lakers first round pick next year (if it’s not 2-5) and Kings pick in 2019. They have no bad contracts on the books and I believe I heard they have cap space for 2 max deals. Lebron rumors are starting to pick up steam.

Looks like the Celtics-76ers rival may be back.

I would take the Celtics over the 76ers.

If the Celtics go deeper in the 2019-20 playoffs I'll pay your BGP subscription for the year.

Hayward is overrated and Stevens will be Kawhi's next coach. And piggybacking off Mack's point, the Celtics owe Horford & Hayward $180,429,013 in base salary through the '19-20 season, including just a hair under $30M to Hayward this season. Plus another $60M due to Kyrie. That doesn't exactly afford them much financial flexibility.

Sixers have Lakers first round pick next year (if it’s not 2-5) and Kings pick in 2019. They have no bad contracts on the books and I believe I heard they have cap space for 2 max deals. Lebron rumors are starting to pick up steam.

Looks like the Celtics-76ers rival may be back.

LeBron to LA seems more likely. Simmons can't shoot the ball and Fultz won't shoot the ball, though I do like that team as a '12-13 Heatles cover.

I'm more interested in 76ers/Lakers matchups of the future than anything involving Boston.