I'm done with Vontaze Burfict

theguru

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he can go play in Pittsburgh? That is where he will end up

He can go play anywhere.

We just so happen to have a great elder statesman with well-known aggro issues who can get Burfict in line. If any of you have a direct line to Mike or Katie, please let them know it's time to move on.

So he can go play in Pittsburgh? That is where he will end up

I don't think so. Steelers are happy with thier

Linebackers.

Don't play SK homer silly in Stillers threads. Burfict absolutely is perfect for an outlaw team like ours. Just wish QB7 hadn't lost his fastball.

I'm going to have to disagree with @theguru. The first penalty was questionable at best and the second one was a joke.

The defense is better with him period. Anyone who wants to get rid of him wants a worse defense.

Burfict has done questionable things in the past. Today was not one of those days.

Both calls were cheap and I don't think the 1st was intentional and the second with the official was just a reaction.

This wasn't intentionally stepping on an ankle or cheap shotting someone out of the play.

With that being said, he made his bed and this will continue as long as he plays, him pushing the edge and officials not givng the slightest benefit ofthe doubt. What ticked me off was his reaction leaving the field. Total jerk action.

I have no problems with what the league does.

Both calls were cheap and I don't think the 1st was intentional and the second with the official was just a reaction.

This wasn't intentionally stepping on an ankle or cheap shotting someone out of the play.

With that being said, he made his bed and this will continue as long as he plays, him pushing the edge and officials not givng the slightest benefit ofthe doubt. What ticked me off was his reaction leaving the field. Total jerk action.

I have no problems with what the league does.

His reaction leaving the field frustrated the hell out of me. Just keeps playing into the persona so many already have of him. The amazing thing is the guy has a clean record off the field. He has this image of a thug that he will never be able to shake. How he walked off the field doesn't help that image at all. I was very disappointed to see that. I've defended Tez over and over again because he's such a great player, but it's getting to the point where I'm just tired of talking about him. When the rebuild starts, is Tez going to be a key player in the rebuild or a casualty of a new regime looking to clear house? Will be interesting to see how that goes.

While Burfict has done plenty of dumb things in his tenure in the Queen City, these two were a bad call & a joke of a call. Doubt anyone else in the league gets either of those called on him, much less both of them?

While he's done a lot to bring this on, he's also become a "marked man" in the NFL; and with this milk toast coaching staff & ownership not standing up for him, he'll stay that way. IMO if he played for many other teams in the league, many of his penalties wouldn't get called. Did Big Marv even complain to the officials today?

I'm certainly not defending him for the dumb stuff he's done, but he's gotten targeted now and can't breath on someone any more. Maybe it would be best for all involved for him to move on; but we'll be a worse defense without him.

I honestly believe both of these calls were unjustified and 1) was because it was Tez. Absolutely nothing there. 2). Was nothing again, and it appeared the penalty was being initiated by the official's actions. Kind of entrampment...I will throw my shoulder in there and hope he touches me in reaction.

Appears NFL is coming after Tez for his previous stupidity and insurrections; but, these calls today were absurd in the game of football. These officials played a signicant role in the eventual outcome of this game. If NBA officials made these calls we would question the need for a further investigation.

I believe both acts were intentional by Burfict and deserved penalties. Burfict always goes beyond the edge. He could have avoided the contact 5 yards out of bounds that got him the first penalty. On the play that got him kicked out, watch the video. He purposely lands with all his force on the back 4 yards out of bounds and then crawls up on top of him acting like he is trying to get off of the player. It is those kinds of plays that are dirty and have caused trouble for Burfict. Then he shoves the officials arm away after that play and gets ejected.

For most players those are minor things that would be overlooked. When they happen every single game like they do with Burfict, the accumulation gets you in trouble and that's where Burfict is. Burfict takes cheap shots every game. He is a punk on the field. Just like the kid who is always breaking the rules and getting in trouble, there is no slack allowed. The officials have their eye on him and will not let him put one toe over the line anymore.

According to an unnamed source in the Bengals locker room, the officials were cursing towards Burfict during the game. Would definitely lend itself to the idea of the refs targeting him on Sunday. If you look at the play he gets ejected on the official saw Burfict behind him and stuck out one arm and had the other hand on his flag. He tosses the flag before Burfict even gets a step away. He was baiting Burfict.