Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Torre Fired

Featured Replies

ESPN just reported that "the Boss" has fired Joe Torre and he will be replaced by Lou Pinella as manager of the Yankees. I expected this one after last night and I am sure that more heads rolling will follow.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems a little quick. ESPN believes they are going to change a lot around there.

WOWZA!!! He can't hit for them and face it, their pitching is a little washed up. I like Torre and I'm sure as bad as he hates to leave the team he loves he is probably excited that he doesn't have to deal with "The Boss" anymore. Somebody will snatch him up. Congrats to Lou, that should be interesting.

Is this official?

 

I saw nothing about it on ESPN

Is this official?

 

I saw nothing about it on ESPN

No official word yet, but it's a done deal...

Torre himself admitted last week he didn't have to do anything but draw up the batting chart... Hard to blame the manager when with that concept, anyone can go coach the team.

  • Author
WOWZA!!! I like Torre and I'm sure as bad as he hates to leave the team he loves he is probably excited that he doesn't have to deal with "The Boss" anymore. Somebody will snatch him up. Congrats to Lou, that should be interesting.

I also like Torre. Imo he is one of if not the best manager in baseball. "Sweet Lou and the Boss":eek: That will get interesting.:sssh: :D . Maybe Torre to the Reds??? (just kidding and yes wishful thinking on my part). Nothing against Narron, but wouldn't you rather have Joe?

  • Author
Is this official?

 

I saw nothing about it on ESPN

I heard it on ESPN, they did not say that it was official - one of those "our sources have found out" type of statements.

Torre's contract is up after next season. I say keep him around 1 more year & see how it goes. But it is the Yankees & they want results right now & that's not happening so it could go either way.

I am 1 for 1 so far on my predictions on who would be gone in the clubhouse! Hate to see it happen but I love watching the progressing fall of the Evil Empire!

Wow.....I love it. The Evil Empire fires the best manager they can find and brings in Sweet Lou....You just gotta love the ignorance the Boss is showing. Sheffield won't be back, neither will A-Rod, Bernie, or the "Moose".

Torre's contract is up after next season. I say keep him around 1 more year & see how it goes. But it is the Yankees & they want results right now & that's not happening so it could go either way.

 

 

 

The Boss would worry about someone else taking Sweet Lou before then, and they most assuredly would. I believe it's probably a done deal already.

The Boss would worry about someone else taking Sweet Lou before then, and they most assuredly would. I believe it's probably a done deal already.

 

You are probably right

I doubt that Torre takes another job. I think he has had enough. If he does manage again, somebody will get one of the last pure baseball men left in the game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.