NCAA to announce UNC findings (penalties) Friday

Jumper_Dad

I guess by this time tomorrow we will know for sure whether in the eyes of the NCAA it is worse to hire hookers for your players or just have fake classes. Seems like the latter would be more of an issue. They want to make sure the student athletes are amature, but shouldn't it be more important that they actually be students first?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm naive but I expect a 2 year postseason ban and the 2 titles being taken away.

I don't believe the titles will be taken away. I do think they'll get a postseason ban (2 years seems right) and some scholarship restrictions.

I don't believe the titles will be taken away. I do think they'll get a postseason ban (2 years seems right) and some scholarship restrictions.
UL got their's taken away. No way UNC doesn't for something that spanned more than a decade.

UL got their's taken away. No way UNC doesn't for something that spanned more than a decade.

I think the NCAA will say North Carolina was an academic violation and the school was at fault, not the athletic department (I know that's shady but that's what they'll claim). Louisville's athletic program specifically was violating rules so they got in trouble. I know it probably isn't right or fair, but that's what you'll likely hear.

I think the NCAA will say North Carolina was an academic violation and the school was at fault, not the athletic department (I know that's shady but that's what they'll claim). Louisville's athletic program specifically was violating rules so they got in trouble. I know it probably isn't right or fair, but that's what you'll likely hear.

Creating a false major specifically for athletes involves the athletic department.

Not having to go to class> strippers. Which gives a school a bigger advantage? Allowing players to essentially not go to class and thus allowing them to focus all of their time on basketball or having an assistant coach get you laid a couple of times. If UL's championship isn't valid neither should UNC's during the time frame discussed.

Creating a false major specifically for athletes involves the athletic department.

Not having to go to class> strippers. Which gives a school a bigger advantage. Allowing players to essentially not go to class and thus allowing them to focus all of their time on basketball or having an assistant coach get you laid a couple of times. If UL's championship isn't valid neither should UNC's during the time frame discussed.

You can fuss at me all you want, I'm just telling you what I expect they will say.

Pointing out flaws in your argument isn't fussing.

I'm not making the argument, I'm saying what North Carolina is going to say and how the NCAA is going to rule (in my opinion).

North Carolina will respond to the claim they "created a false major specifically for athletes" by saying that anyone could take the classes, not just athletes. (In fact, others did take the classes, although CLEARLY the athletes took the most advantage). Louisville's argument didn't hold water because strippers were paid for specifically for players, an option not available for all students.

Not having to go to class> strippers. Which gives a school a bigger advantage? Allowing players to essentially not go to class and thus allowing them to focus all of their time on basketball or having an assistant coach get you laid a couple of times. If UL's championship isn't valid neither should UNC's during the time frame discussed.

Let's call it what it really was, prostitutes having sex with recruits.

Edit: I should've read the rest of your post.