Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Playing 6A Schools

Featured Replies

Easy set up for a jab at Simon Kenton but I'm going to pass.

 

If, as the gist of this thread seems to imply in my mind anyway, size of student body doesn't matter then why classify based on that alone?

 

Wouldn't a better classification be based on a combination of both size and history of success (or lack there of)?

 

That sounds like the basis for a relegation-type system, and it is very intriguing (even though KHSAA and most member schools would never go for it).

  • Replies 39
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds like the basis for a relegation-type system, and it is very intriguing (even though KHSAA and most member schools would never go for it).

 

I believe that Indiana does it do some degree, not exactly shire how theirs works but I do know that after Cathedral had a lot of success in a smaller classification they were moved into the big school classification.

I think this is how it should be done, with the 6 classes. If I was a Bowling Green or a Belfry I'd want better competition. I think Highlands is the only power that plays up a class? It's not like these programs couldn't compete a class or two above. Kentucky HS Football should be sponsered by Aquafina it's so watered down.

If you want to use that system you would need to put the privates in a separate class. Which probably should be done anyway!

If you want to use that system you would need to put the privates in a separate class. Which probably should be done anyway!

 

Why? :popcorn:

In Tn, the privates have the option to play in the public school division, but, have to use a 1.5 to 1 factor in there classification.. In other words, if a private school has 400 boys, they would have to play in the class with schools with 600 boys, whatever class that would put them in.. CAL, for example, has about 300 boys, so, if Ky had Tn rules, they'd play in 4a and based on 450 boys, they'd be in the lower to middle part of 4a..

In some cases, the classification may not change.. A 2nd example would be OBoro Catholic.. They have roughly 200 boys, so, using that factor and counting them as 300 boys, they'd still be at the top end of 2a..

I think this is how it should be done, with the 6 classes. If I was a Bowling Green or a Belfry I'd want better competition. I think Highlands is the only power that plays up a class? It's not like these programs couldn't compete a class or two above. Kentucky HS Football should be sponsered by Aquafina it's so watered down.

 

It's worth noting that Belfry's enrollment is actually significantly less than when they were placed as a 3A school.

 

Just a simple look at last year's State Finals program and you can see Belfry had significantly less enrollment than CAL who was playing in the 2A Title game.

 

 

 

It's also worth noting in the case of Belfry, a simple glance at 4A and it is pretty clear that 3A is actually significantly more difficult competition this year than 4A. Outside of Johnson Central, Class 4A is probably the weakest it has been in quite some time.

I am to dumb to understand what the point of this thread is about. What exactly is the point here for discussion?

I am to dumb to understand what the point of this thread is about. What exactly is the point here for discussion?

 

Apparently some one took umbrage to a smaller school celebrating a win over a 6A school saying size of school wasn't that big an issue.

 

My point was if is size is only a minor factor in a schools potential football success why is it the only factor considered in KY when classifying?

I am to dumb to understand what the point of this thread is about. What exactly is the point here for discussion?

 

Probably picking on the local 2A schools who have beaten less than stellar programs and bragging about it.

Edited by PepRock01

Apparently some one took umbrage to a smaller school celebrating a win over a 6A school saying size of school wasn't that big an issue.

 

My point was if is size is only a minor factor in a schools potential football success why is it the only factor considered in KY when classifying?

 

Probably picking on the local 2A schools who have beaten less than stellar programs and bragging about it.

 

:ohbrother:

Probably picking on the local 2A schools who have beaten less than stellar programs and bragging about it.

 

If your referring to DeSales, your way off base. We play our share of 6A opponents, but you won't see us pumping our chests out. We have beaten Ballard, and Butler so far this year. We dressed just as many players as they did. We expected to win those games. Next year we have X on the schedule, we'll play anyone, anywhere. I prefer playing the larger schools. We get more out of it, than playing smaller schools who can't compete. We have Fern Creek this week, then Lex Catholic, and CAL still left on schedule. Pretty tough schedule for this 2A team.

If your referring to DeSales, your way off base. We play our share of 6A opponents, but you won't see us pumping our chests out. We have beaten Ballard, and Butler so far this year. We dressed just as many players as they did. We expected to win those games. Next year we have X on the schedule, we'll play anyone, anywhere. I prefer playing the larger schools. We get more out of it, than playing smaller schools who can't compete. We have Fern Creek this week, then Lex Catholic, and CAL still left on schedule. Pretty tough schedule for this 2A team.

 

Lordy no, I think the 6A schools you have beaten make for pretty a good resume for a 2A school.

 

I am amused that our protestant friends win 1 title and suddenly they are the arbiters of a good win vs a not good one.

If your referring to DeSales, your way off base. We play our share of 6A opponents, but you won't see us pumping our chests out. We have beaten Ballard, and Butler so far this year. We dressed just as many players as they did. We expected to win those games. Next year we have X on the schedule, we'll play anyone, anywhere. I prefer playing the larger schools. We get more out of it, than playing smaller schools who can't compete. We have Fern Creek this week, then Lex Catholic, and CAL still left on schedule. Pretty tough schedule for this 2A team.

 

From the looks of the thread starter I don't see it having anything to do with DeSales

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.