How will Beechwood react come playoff time?

Bac2369

Will Beechwood struggle on the road in the playoffs?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Will Beechwood struggle on the road in the playoffs?

• Yes it will hurt them
    • No it won't hurt them
    • Some but not enough to hurt them
    • Some that may hurt them

This year Beechwood only has 3 away games. They played one in week 1 and beat Ludlow by a score of 35-14 after starting out slow before pulling away. The next is the only one that has significant travel and that game was played last week in Somerset where Beechwood won 7-0. The other is no more than 30 minutes away. So basically Beechwood isn't leaving Northern Kentucky.

So how will Beechwood react to traveling in rounds 3 and 4 of the playoffs after not being on a bus for no more than 30 minutes on the season besides an early season trip to Somerset?

They beat Lloyd not Ludlow although that will be a District win later in the year.

Let's see they traveled in the rain and wind and played on grass against a quality team and got a win so I would expect they will be okay in the playoffs.

As usual their biggest concern is playing only one good team with a playoff-like atmosphere (NCC non-district last regular season week game) once District play starts until the third round of playoffs usually.

That is why the non-district schedule is loaded.

True but they played 6 away games last year even though they stayed in Northern Kentucky.
Right, but the question was about travel > 30 minutes...

So how will Beechwood react to traveling in rounds 3 and 4 of the playoffs after not being on a bus for no more than 30 minutes on the season besides an early season trip to Somerset?

Bottom line is Beechwood is a championship caliber team with a championship pedigree. They have been there, done that. They will be ready and travel won't be a factor, IMO.

Right, but the question was about travel > 30 minutes...

Bottom line is Beechwood is a championship caliber team with a championship pedigree. They have been there, done that. They will be ready and travel won't be a factor, IMO.

Yes it was. Beechwood won't travel no more until rounds 3 and 4. Taking a look back in 2015 they did struggle a little in these two rounds before coming out on top. 2016 to many Beechwood people thought was going to be a down year but they came together and won it all last year.

I agree Beechwood has the pedigree and the staff. They also are very well mentally prepared as well. I am just looking to get the 1A chatter up some and I figured a good Beechwood thread and even a Hazard thread might perk the posters up.

If a team let's a long bus ride affect how they play a football game, they shouldn't be playing the game in the first place. BTW, the Beechies will be just fine.

So you or whoever doesn't think the better team loses sometimes?

Sometimes they do. Usually in high school though, the better team typically wins. Regardless of where the game is played, or how tough or easy your schedule is. Toss up games are where those things MAY come into play.

Sometimes they do. Usually in high school though, the better team typically wins. Regardless of where the game is played, or how tough or easy your schedule is. Toss up games are where those things MAY come into play.

I agree. I've seen where to evenly matched teams play and one has a crappy game and the other puts a few more scores in because of turnovers and it makes the game and team look much better when they really aren't.

My concern for BW is not the future road games come playoff time; but, the general expectations of the faithful so obviously taking nothing less than unbridled success for granted. Great program...check. Super/proven coaching staff...check. Quality athletes...check. This very challenging schedule for a single A program could result in three distinct outcomes...Somerset, Corbin, CovCath, Simon Kenton, NewCath (OMG!!!) could prepare them well, get them use to losing, or physically breakdown key players through injury. I would not overlook the last two options as distinct possibilities and truly hope that the first is the only outcome. Tiger fans, let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for injury-free play against this Murder's Row non-district schedule.