Terrell Owens' possible suicide attempt

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This just ruins Thanksgiving dinner. I hope the Lions can give me something.

Don't worry, by November his new book will be out,,,"Throw me the dang ball or I'll OD!" or "I love me some me, even if I'm depressed and misunderstood and nobody loves me". That will go well with your cranberry sauce!

In nearly 2 wks......

Headline---Dallas Morning Star

"Owens 2 touchdowns clip Eagles"

"I just thank God that I was able to come back from my near death experience to help my teammates"

Later on NFL LIVE

Sean Salisbury "T.O. is the ultimate teammate, what a gamer"

Result: Kim the publicist retains a 3.5%cut and now has every WR in the league paging her.

I don't think this was a suicide attempt and I don't think this is a stunt to get media attention. I have had friends who were athletes that have accidentally taken to many painkillers when they were in pain. Those people were not held in the hospital longer for a psych evaluation. I have also had a friend that tried to commit suicide and she was held for a 72 hour psych evaluation and she had no say about it. There is a difference!

Yeah I understand what you're saying about accidentally taking too many painkillers, like take 3 and you mess up and take 6. But for him to have to take 3 or 4 and accidentally take 35? That just seems a little odd to me. I hope it wasn't a suicide attempt.

I didn't see the "presser" Did he deny the depression and suicide allegations? If he did are you calling him a liar?

I'm talking about the people that were making jokes beforehand about him trying to kill himself and his depression... And if it was an attempt, do you really think we'd find out?

Yeah I understand what you're saying about accidentally taking too many painkillers, like take 3 and you mess up and take 6. But for him to have to take 3 or 4 and accidentally take 35? That just seems a little odd to me. I hope it wasn't a suicide attempt.

He didn't take 35, he seperated his pills, like many people do when they are taking many different ones. I know of a lot of athletes that would seperate their pills and supplements. The reason that they thought he took 35 pills was because the bottle was empty. Had he taken 35 pills he wouldn't have been in shape to hold a press conference like that within 20 hours of the incident. You also have to remember that many supplements that athletes take are not FDA approved and thus don't have many studies performed on them, and a lot of the side effects are not known.

I mean I dont really care to try and prove one thing or another, its not that big of a deal to me, but I'm not drinking the Kool-aid of it was all a misunderstanding, not saying hes clinically depressed, I think it was heat of the moment suicided attempt, plain and simple, maybe today he's glad it was botched, i dunno, and I dont think anyone can say whats it that mans head. He obviously has more mental issues than most.

Yes it is news but I think it was all blown out of porportion by the news. I do not think it was a suicide attempt but weather it was or wasn't, it will be with him throughout his career & life. He can't do anything about it now. He's the only one who knows if he wanted to end his life at the time. Everything else is just speculation. I believe that it was a mixture of to many different meds @ the same time. Maybe I believe that because I along with alot of other people don't want to believe that he attempted suicide but nobody but him knows for sure if he did or did not.