First Came Love Then Came Marriage: BGP's Love & Marriage Thread

Science Friction

Looking at myself and my 4 best friends growing up, between us we've been married 10 times and divorced 7 times...we are all in the vicinity of 50 years old.

1st buddy married a snake that we begged him not to marry and after catching her at a local motel divorced her. 2nd marriage was better then he screwed it up by introducing her to a millionaire client of his and she was gone. He's happily living with a long term girlfriend now.

2nd Buddy has been married 4 times but after marrying as he says, "For sex" he finally found a good woman and is happily married...plus he still has sex!

3rd Buddy was married to a woman I hated for their entire 30 years together, she left him a few years ago for a janitor at her workplace then left the janitor for his brother. This guy is the best of us and I hope he finds someone soon.

4th Buddy married twice, first wife was just weird...not sure what happened there. Remarried a couple of years ago and is very happy now.

Me I married once 27 years ago and couldn't be happier.

My point is it takes some luck in finding the right person. None of these guys are drunks or drug users and only one of them messed around on his wife...but for some reason marriage and marital happiness hasn't come easy.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at myself and my 4 best friends growing up, between us we've been married 10 times and divorced 7 times...we are all in the vicinity of 50 years old.

1st buddy married a snake that we begged him not to marry and after catching her at a local motel divorced her. 2nd marriage was better then he screwed it up by introducing her to a millionaire client of his and she was gone. He's happily living with a long term girlfriend now.

2nd Buddy has been married 4 times but after marrying as he says, "For sex" he finally found a good woman and is happily married...plus he still has sex!

3rd Buddy was married to a woman I hated for their entire 30 years together, she left him a few years ago for a janitor at her workplace then left the janitor for his brother. This guy is the best of us and I hope he finds someone soon.

4th Buddy married twice, first wife was just weird...not sure what happened there. Remarried a couple of years ago and is very happy now.

Me I married once 27 years ago and couldn't be happier.

My point is it takes some luck in finding the right person. None of these guys are drunks or drug users and only one of them messed around on his wife...but for some reason marriage and marital happiness hasn't come easy.

Ringo had it right.

When I was but a young pup, my boss came in one morning looking kinda down and said ( how are you suppose to love someone you don`t even know). He had been married to her for over 40 years. I laughed but as i`ve gotten older I see exactly what he meant.I love my wife ,but they can throw you a curve every now and then.

On a personal note, I married one time. She was more than half my age at the time. As a numbers guy, I should have known that was not good marriage math. Add the fact that her father had been married six times and her mother five times, twice to the girl's dad and once to the man her grandmother was once married to. You'd think I should have known the probability of success would be small. What in the world was I thinking(with)?

I bet she was hot.

"A woman marries a man thinking he will change. A man marries a woman thinking she will never change. Both are wrong. "

Dad always joked he was looking to marry an 80 year old rich woman who owned a liquor store and had one foot in the grave.

My mother in law tucked my wife in the night before she was married and advised her to sleep well that night. Because the rest of her life will be hard work.

Divorces aren't over religion or polical arguments. It happens over simple things like not putting the cap on the toothpaste

Check out her mother, she will end up looking like her.

Never go to bed mad.

I'm a.building inspector. Check out the ankles on the girl before you marry her. If she has big ankles she could get heavy, if she has thin ankles she won't get heavy because structurely she cannot support the weight.

Those are the lines I remember about marriage. Plus one that wold not pass the word filter. Marriage is to easy, you both have to WORK at it. Been married over 30 years and dates 7 prior to that. It's been a good run. Not saying we haven't had some knock down drag outs but we always made it work.

My wife and I celebrated our one year anniversary yesterday. We were talking to the guy who married us, and he said

"you know, they say the first year is either the easiest or the hardest."

"

I was told the 1st year was the hardest. I agree it takes a while to get use to living together