First Came Love Then Came Marriage: BGP's Love & Marriage Thread

Science Friction

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember reading Voltaire explain the difference between philosophy and perversion.

After participating in an orgy and being invited back the very next night, he declined and offered the following explanation: " Once, a philosopher; twice, a pervert."

As my mother would say, those are the girls you date; not the girls you marry.

I'm a numbers guy, so here's some math references about love & marriage.

"Most marriages don't add two people together. They subtract one from the other."--- Ian Fleming

"Woman reduces us all to a common denominator." --- George Bernard Shaw

"Two divided by love

Can only be one

And one is a lonely number

Two divided by love

Can only be sad

Can only hurt one another" --- The Grass Roots

On a personal note, I married one time. She was more than half my age at the time. As a numbers guy, I should have known that was not good marriage math. Add the fact that her father had been married six times and her mother five times, twice to the girl's dad and once to the man her grandmother was once married to. You'd think I should have known the probability of success would be small. What in the world was I thinking(with)?

"You are getting ready to serve a life sentence without hope of parole!"

"Never try to understand a woman. Just when you have her figured out she'll change to spite you!"

"If you want to stay married along time remember What's her's is her's and what's your's is her's!"

Dad told me these the day I got married and was right. I followed his advice been married 33 years! :up:

"You are getting ready to serve a life sentence without hope of parole!"

"Never try to understand a woman. Just when you have her figured out she'll change to spite you!"

"If you want to stay married along time remember What's her's is her's and what's your's is her's!"

Dad told me these the day I got married and was right. I followed his advice been married 33 years! :up:

Thanks for sharing. Your dad was wise... and funny!!!

My grandparents had been married over 60 years at the time she passed. She had never drank a drop of alcohol until she was almost sixty, but when she took up drinking, she REALLY took up drinking. She would often be sauced by midday. When she got drunk, my papaw was her whipping boy. When sober, she was never profane. When drunk, her words would embarrass a sailor. She gave up her booze and cigarettes a few years before her death. But before her self-imposed prohibition, she made things difficult for pawpaw at times.

I remember one evening when we sat down to eat pizza they had ordered from Papa John's . My pawpaw had a way of drawing her ire , especially when she was gassed(it didn't take much). He looked at her across the dinner table, smiled wryly , and flipped his cigar up in his mouth. That was all it took. She took her piece of pizza and threw it across the table with every bit of passion that Nolan Ryan threw a fastball. It landed squarely on her intended target---papaw's white shirt!!! He stormed out of the kitchen, muttering ..."damned drunk." Whenever she wasn't soaking up Tall Boys or guzzling Old Grandad, granny never had a cross word for my pawpaw. She wouldn't have known what to do without him. I miss them both so much...