Anyone been to Rock and Roll HOF?

All In

Google Maps

Hotels are expensive downtown and I mean expensive!

Great Lakes Brewery! GOOD........:-)

I just checked prices for hotels. They seem very reasonable for a downtown. Check out Nashville or Dallas if you want insane hotel prices.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame is multi-media celebration and remembrance of the roots of Rock N' Roll from the 50's until (presently the early 90's), with tons of memorabilia and trivia related to our long lasting cultural favorite past time, and an honoring of all of the top important players from throughout the years.

It's a shrine of worship for the R n' R aficionado to recognize and perhaps even learn more about many of their favorites, and maybe even develop a respect while learning something about other stars they hadn't paid nearly as much attention to in the past.

Since nothing can really replace just listening to the music, either recorded, or at a live performance, you really can't go to the museum with expectations of walking away feeling like you've been to a star-studded concert.

It's really just an opportunity to spend a few hours taking a casual pleasurable walk down R 'n' R memory lane in its "birthplace", having your senses completely saturated with the Rock n' Roll music lovers favorite topic... that being Rock n' Roll.

If you're a lover of Rock n' Roll and all things that surround it, you're headed to the right place, and you really can't go wrong.

Been to both the Rock and Roll HOF and the Football HOF, was not impressed with either.

Baseball Hall of Fame is the best bar none!

I would like to see the RnR HOF. I've been to Canton, and enjoyed it ... worth the trip. I hope they still have Y.A. Tittle's shoulder pads on display...looked like two pieces of cardboard tied together!

Agree on the bolded. And to add to that comment (not to hijack the thread), the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum is every bit the equal to Cooperstown. Cooperstown itself is a unique experience, and the fact that the Hall/Museum encompasses all of Baseball separates it, but the Reds hit it out of the park (pun intended).

That's awesome!

You might dig this collection of 34 videos from the show.

The link will lead you to all 34.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlPVoMHRtyg&list=PLtxiPpoiaifT5Ou8clcNG_8oJgfuxzC7S

Bruce Springsteen & Chuck Berry - Johnny B Goode (Live 1995) - YouTube

Al Green's rendition of "A Change Is Gonna Come" made the hair stand up on my neck.

To me, it felt like there was a lot of open wasted space in some areas while the actual exhibits seemed crowded together.

Maybe my expectations were too high after wanting to go for so long. I got the same letdown after Graceland but those are my issues! LOL

Overall, downtown was nice, clean and friendly. We also hit up an Indians game while the Reds were in town. Had a great time there as well as a local bar where we ate lunch beforehand.

Solid first blended family trip en route to Niagara Falls.

Have a great trip!

You actually named 2 other places never been, but plan on going.

Graceland and Niagara Falls

From what I've heard, don't waste your time at Graceland. Never been myself but heard from many people.

I also want to go to Niagara Falls.

Been to both. Don't do Graceland. Niagara Falls is pretty cool. Not great but worth a trip if you are in the area.

From what I've heard, don't waste your time at Graceland. Never been myself but heard from many people.

I also want to go to Niagara Falls.

Is that an invitation?.:D

You couldn't ask for better company.:thumb:

Mrs. S and I went 14 years ago. I've scene better displays at county fairs. Unless it's changed dramatically, don't waste the money. It was $16 a head, back then. The Great Lakes Science Center, next door, is much more interesting.

I just went in June. On the waterfront and downtown with all the stadiums close by. Clean and safe. Rooms at least $200+ and most are a shuttle or car ride. I loved the loop of Hall of Fame induction concerts in one of the theaters. It is continuous in a two & one half hour loop. It was like a jam session. We were there about 45 minutes. That theater is on the 3rd floor. I enjoyed some of the old Dick Clark interviews, clothes and old performances. .Maybe I liked it because my generation were teens in the 50's. We stayed south and drove in. It opens at 10.

@All In. I forgot go mention you might want to stop at Dayton, the Air Force museum. The planes and history are exhibited well and it is free. We especially liked the Presidential planes you can walk thru. They have JFK's plane and explain where his casket rode and where Johnson was sworn in. Well done and on the way to Cleveland.