Eric Conn: On the run?

Jumper_Dad

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading this, I have come to the conclusion that not only is Conn a greedy, unethical shyster, he is also full of himself and pretty stupid.
He hasn't been caught yet. So, I'm not sure stupid applies yet.

He hasn't been caught yet. So, I'm not sure stupid applies yet.

The stupid part is contacting the media and in essence "rubbing it in" that he escaped. The smart thing to do would have been to shut up, lay low and try to leave everyone guessing, but he's too full of himself he couldn't wait to tell essentially everyone what he did...thus being very stupid about it.

The stupid part also factors in with him thinking he could do what he was doing and continue to get away with it. Maybe for a while, but he was going to get caught eventually. But I guess when you are so full of yourself and then greed rears it's head, that's what happens.

The stupid part is contacting the media and in essence "rubbing it in" that he escaped. The smart thing to do would have been to shut up, lay low and try to leave everyone guessing, but he's too full of himself he couldn't wait to tell essentially everyone what he did...thus being very stupid about it.

The stupid part also factors in with him thinking he could do what he was doing and continue to get away with it. Maybe for a while, but he was going to get caught eventually. But I guess when you are so full of yourself and then greed rears it's head, that's what happens.

As of right now, he appears to have gotten away with it....I'm with Spin. Lots of terms you can use to describe this clown. Stupid ain't one of them.

Eric C. Conn is brilliant. He was given the one thing he needed...time. Once he had time, he became dangerous because that allowed him to plot his escape.

If a smart man has time and money, anything is possible.

So, arrogant. Not stupid.

Arrogant people do stupid things all he time because of that very arrogance. I'm not sayng the guy is a drooling vegetable who can't spell his name. But if he has indeed escaped the country and has now contacted the media and telling his story, then that was very stupid of him, unless he wants to get caught.

The authorities probably had no idea where he was and were scrambling to try and find out where he was. I mean, evidently they still thought he was in the states until he conveniently let them know he wasn't. With this contact, they probably now know about where, if not exactly where, he is now. And knowing where he is is 75% of it.

Now, another stupid thing was to let this guy be on home incarceration to start with.

With all that said, I still say the most stupid thing that started all of this was him getting involved in SSI fraud to begin with. It's going to be found. ​It was going to come to an end, and not a good end.

Arrogant people do stupid things all he time because of that very arrogance. I'm not sayng the guy is a drooling vegetable who can't spell his name. But if he has indeed escaped the country and has now contacted the media and telling his story, then that was very stupid of him, unless he wants to get caught.

The authorities probably had no idea where he was and were scrambling to try and find out where he was. I mean, evidently they still thought he was in the states until he conveniently let them know he wasn't. With this contact, they probably now know about where, if not exactly where, he is now. And knowing where he is is 75% of it.

Now, another stupid thing was to let this guy be on home incarceration to start with.

With all that said, I still say the most stupid thing that started all of this was him getting involved in SSI fraud to begin with. It's going to be found. ​It was going to come to an end, and not a good end.

So, if he never gets extradited to the US, and spends the rest of his days in a grass hut sipping drinks with little umbrellas in them while watching the waves roll in, is he still stupid?

So, if he never gets extradited to the US, and spends the rest of his days in a grass hut sipping drinks with little umbrellas in them while watching the waves roll in, is he still stupid?

Well, if you want to live the rest of your life looking over your shoulder wondering at any time is someone going to knock your door down and drag you back to the states...I don't know?:idunno:

And if they do drag him back...that 12 years sentence that probably would have been no more than about 3 1/2 (if that) is now going to be a whole lot more if/when they do get him here. And if he actually is outside the country, I personally believe he will be back here in custody, one way or the other.

Well, if you want to live the rest of your life looking over your shoulder wondering at any time is someone going to knock your door down and drag you back to the states...I don't know?:idunno:

And if they do drag him back...that 12 years sentence that probably would have been no more than about 3 1/2 (if that) is now going to be a whole lot more if/when they do get him here. And if he actually is outside the country, I personally believe he will be back here in custody, one way or the other.

Not every country allows us to go willy-nilly into theirs, smashing things about in order to bring back fugitives. Take Roman Polanski's case, for instance. Conn's not coming back.

Not every country allows us to go willy-nilly into theirs, smashing things about in order to bring back fugitives. Take Roman Polanski's case, for instance. Conn's not coming back.

Yes, this I know

I'd argue the Polanski case is much different than this one. Conn defrauded the government out of millions, possibly hundreds of millions of dollars. They want him. Had Polanski done that I believe there is a great possibility he would have ended up back on our shores.

But, I actually believe Conn will try to sneak back in at some point in time, and they will be waiting for him. That's my thought.