No 'G'day, mate': On call with Australian prime minister, Trump badgers and brags

Though it probably means very little to you, take a wild guess how the majority of the world leans in its perception of ignorance while it shakes its collective head in disbelief at the poor decision that the citizens of the United States have made in freely selecting its leader?

Did you do a survey? I couldn't even venture to guess the number you are going to tell me.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You vs a kangaroo would be a short arm battle.

I'd bet on me.

Regardless, I just wanted to bring to light how silly this conversation seems. It's called "politics" because this kind of stuff happens all the time and then they get resolved. We probably don't know half of what is really going on.

So, you've polled the entire world? You do get around.

It's like the "best point guard in the state". Love those.

Did you do a survey? I couldn't even venture to guess the number you are going to tell me.

I'll guess that you also have access to the internet and news sources outside of the states, as well as a peceptiveness that has allowed you to see where all indicators point, but personally I do have international friends in various countries, and the general consensus regarding those countries citizen's reaction to all of this is that he is a goof, and how on earth could the U.S. citizens find him fit to be our leader?

I'm not buying it that you already don't realize the world's reaction to this, and it you don't then you're simply choosing to ignore it.

US-Australia refugee deal: What you need to know - CNNPolitics.com

Q&A: what is the Australian refugee deal and why has it angered Trump? | Australia news | The Guardian

So these people made it to Australia by boat, but Australia has a law that says the refugees can't stay in Australia. They are instead being kept in detention camps under bad conditions. So Obama agrees to take them. Trump obviously would not have agreed to that and has a contentious conversation with Turnbull about the situation.

The reality is that Turnbull is saving his own hide and Obama was bailing him out. What benefit does the US get by taking these refugees?

From the article:

" For more than three years Australia has consistently maintained it will never settle asylum seekers on the Australian mainland that arrive by boat, a position that has been popular with voters and is still supported by both main parties. But the policy has led to regular reports of human rights abuses, many of them documented in the Guardian’s publication of the Nauru files, and is bitterly condemned by refugees advocates inside and outside Australia."

Edited by Builder1214

I'll guess that you also have access to the internet and news sources outside of the states, as well as a peceptiveness that has allowed you to see where all indicators point, but personally I do have international friends in various countries, and the general consensus regarding those countries citizen's reaction to all of this is that he is a goof, and how on earth could the U.S. citizens find him fit to be our leader?

I'm not buying it that you already don't realize the world's reaction to this, and it you don't then you're simply choosing to ignore it.

I haven't ignored anything. Namely your disdain with the selection of president. You have no idea where I stand. And it depends on how you choose your media slant on your perspective outside our borders.

So you're friends, that probably have similar views to you, are giving a general consensus to everyone in their country and that is a direction correlation to how the leaders of their country feel? Sounds like a good way to collect data.

If my buddy from Germany asked me what Americans really thought about Trump and I said, "well most of my friends seem to be pleased that he beat Hillary". You'd have a field day with how that statement isn't accurate of how the country feels as a whole.

I haven't ignored anything. Namely your disdain with the selection of president. You have no idea where I stand. And it depends on how you choose your media slant on your perspective outside our borders.

I'm still shocked that Clinton lost. It goes against everything the media was reporting. That being said surely they couldn't be wrong about what the world feels about President Trump?

So to paraphrase, in the opinion of you and your friends from other countries, Trump is a goof. Solid!

So to paraphrase, in the opinion of you and your friends from other countries, Trump is a goof. Solid!

The stark contrast that people just aren't handling real well is that we have had 8 years of "feelings" being the most important thing and now the pendulum has swung the total opposite to a guy who doesn't care about your feelings.

The stark contrast that people just aren't handling real well is that we have had 8 years of "feelings" being the most important thing and now the pendulum has swung the total opposite to a guy who doesn't care about your feelings.

I disagree. Policy is still all about feelings; it's just that the only feelings that matter now are Mr. Trump's. He's the bestest, most popular president ever and his crowds are the biggest crowds and his people are the best people and how dare anyone else say otherwise.

I disagree. Policy is still all about feelings; it's just that the only feelings that matter now are Mr. Trump's. He's the bestest, most popular president ever and his crowds are the biggest crowds and his people are the best people and how dare anyone else say otherwise.

I'm not surprised you don't agree. For conservatives policy is not about feelings. I don't like Trumps attitude. I voted for a different person in the primaries. I am proud to now have a president who isn't basing policy on the feelings of the left or the feelings of foreign people. The only policy I disagree with him on so far is the proposed tariffs and economic isolation. Mathematically that is not going to work.

So where in anything that I said did I specifically reference where you stood?

Dispute and deny all that you care to what I have claimed about the world's perception of him, but all indicators support exactly what I have said. They're not blinded by party affiliation. They can see plain as day what a blowhard egomaniac that guy is.

...And you're seriously claiming that you've seen no reference whatsoever of the world's reaction?

OK sure.

So you're friends, that probably have similar views to you, are giving a general consensus to everyone in their country and that is a direction correlation to how the leaders of their country feel? Sounds like a good way to collect data.

If my buddy from Germany asked me what Americans really thought about Trump and I said, "well most of my friends seem to be pleased that he beat Hillary". You'd have a field day with how that statement isn't accurate of how the country feels as a whole.

No, actually they're not terribly too close to my views at all as the majority of them are way more conservative than me. I'm not merely relying on my associations to begin with. I've seen and read news reports and these friends of mine only confirm those reports to be true.