Inauguration or Coronation?

Trump has certainly done NOTHING to sway his doubters to this point.

I'm looking forward to the 20th so we can actually start to see what impact he will have on our (already great) country. At that point there will be nowhere for his blind supporters to deflect his mistakes, and we'll find out what they are really all about.

All that said, I'm anxious and hopeful that he erases all the doubts I have about him as our President.

Many that voted for Trump did not do so blindly. We voted for someone other HRC in the hope, I repeat hope, that he would not be as bad as her and maybe even be better. I would rather have voted for someone, than to voted against someone. Yet this is what I felt I had to do, because HRC is a self centered elitist with a liberal mind set.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many that voted for Trump did not do so blindly. We voted for someone other HRC in the hope, I repeat hope, that he would not be as bad as her and maybe even be better. I would rather have voted for someone, than to voted against someone. Yet this is what I felt I had to do, because HRC is a self centered elitist with a liberal mind set.

I should have clarified. I didn't mean that everyone that supported Trump did so blindly. My apologies.

Why would I? They're all very wealthy individuals. The wealth of a person doesn't make a difference to me. It does to you, so you can do your own homework.

Ok. I thought you might have information you could easily provide since you're saying the wealth in this administration is no different than previous ones.

Ok. I thought you might have information you could easily provide since you're saying the wealth in this administration is no different than previous ones.

That's not what I said. I said they're all very wealthy just like previous cabinet members have all been very wealthy. You're the one with the issue with it, I suggest you do the research.

Just for kicks, John Kerry is worth roughly $200M.

I'll wait while you condemn his appointment as Secretary of State for being a multi-millionaire.....

That's not what I said. I said they're all very wealthy just like previous cabinet members have all been very wealthy. You're the one with the issue with it, I suggest you do the research.

I'll wait while you condemn his appointment as Secretary of State for being a multi-millionaire.....

Surely Barry did not appoint a Multi Millionaire.....

Is that John's $200M or Teresa's? :lol2:

Kerry has been in public service for decades, was a high ranking senator, and former dem presidential candidate. He is a bad example of hypocrisy.

Beat me to it...that's momma's money.

Kerry has been in public service for decades, was a high ranking senator, and former dem presidential candidate. He is a bad example of hypocrisy.

I don't have an issue with criticizing the cabinet selections on merit. Have at it. I think most, if not all, have been poor choices.

Criticizing them because they're rich is ridiculous though. Cabinet selections have almost always been rich guys and gals.

Why is only now an issue? (That's a rhetorical question)

See, you did have some information to share. I just had to drag it out of you. You may even have one or two other names to throw out there. I appreciate all the information you are willing to share. I will do some research when I have time and see if this administration is any different than previous ones.

See, you did have some information to share. I just had to drag it out of you. You may even have one or two other names to throw out there. I appreciate all the information you are willing to share. I will do some research when I have time and see if this administration is any different than previous ones.

No condemnation of Sec Kerry due to his wealth, just as I suspected....Hypocritical yet again.

I'm with you on this.

Having said that, I still have doubts about the Trump Presidency. Those doubts just don't stem from his cabinet appointments.

Same here, although there shouldn't be much doubt about that.

And again, I hope he does well by our country. His picks so far have given me little confidence, however.

No condemnation of Sec Kerry due to his wealth, just as I suspected....Hypocritical yet again.

Eric Holder $11.5M

Hillary Clinton $32M

Tom Vilsack $3.2M

Condolezza Rice $4M

Robert Gates $5M

Man, I can't believe PE Trump would have the audacity to nominate all these multi-millionaires for cabinet positions....

"That's not what I said."

I haven't condemned anyone. I am asking questions about whether this is a concern. You clearly state you are not concerned, but you aren't a Trump supporter either. Neither am I, in large part because I question his character and doubt that he will do what he says he will do.

The mega wealth and big bank connections of Trump's appointees looks like more of the same good old boys club stuff coming from a candidate who condemned big banks and promised to drain the swamp. It makes me leery of what might happen. That is not a condemnation. That is scrutiny and accountability. I hope he and his administration prove this is all unnecessary concern.

"That's not what I said."

I haven't condemned anyone. I am asking questions about whether this is a concern. You clearly state you are not concerned, but you aren't a Trump supporter either. Neither am I, in large part because I question his character and doubt that he will do what he says he will do.

The mega wealth and big bank connections of Trump's appointees looks like more of the same good old boys club stuff coming from a candidate who condemned big banks and promised to drain the swamp. It makes me leery of what might happen. That is not a condemnation. That is scrutiny and accountability. I hope he and his administration prove this is all unnecessary concern.

And again, the cabinet selections of past Presidents have almost all been multi-millionaires too. Where were your concerns there? There's a lot of things to be critical about on his nominees, their wealth is absolutely not one of them.