Inauguration or Coronation?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting for him to answer the question of how much money Exxon looks to make if Tillerson can get those pesky Russian sanctions lifted.

Maybe you aren't getting an answer because nobody on here knows? Look, I am wary of the whole "Russian-Trump" thing too. I will just see what happens when he and Tillerson are in charge before condemning them. It is also ironic that the left is NOW so enamored with how bad Putin is. For 8 years, Obama, HRC and Kerry let Putin do whatever he wanted. Very famously in a debate with Romney when Romney said that Russia and Putin were our biggest foreign problem, Obama mocked him and basically laughed at him. Funny how Obama now sees Putin as public enemy number one.

The last few presidents have gone into office thinking they can improve things with Putin. All have been wrong. We will see (1) if Trump can make things better with Russia and (2) if not, if he is firmer with them than previous presidents. I will at least see how it plays out before just assuming Trump and Tillerson are doing this for the wrong reasons. I do admit that I am baffled that you guys give Tillerson absolutely no credit whatsoever for giving up $100 million in salary the next four years to serve his country. You just dismiss it like he is not doing it. It is 100 million freaking dollars! I am trying to think of anyone in public service EVER who has done that...am I missing anyone?

I'm sure Jim will just say it is all "crap" since that is his new favorite word..:lol2:

Maybe you aren't getting an answer because nobody on here knows? Look, I am wary of the whole "Russian-Trump" thing too. I will just see what happens when he and Tillerson are in charge before condemning them. It is also ironic that the left is NOW so enamored with how bad Putin is. For 8 years, Obama, HRC and Kerry let Putin do whatever he wanted. Very famously in a debate with Romney when Romney said that Russia and Putin were our biggest foreign problem, Obama mocked him and basically laughed at him. Funny how Obama now sees Putin as public enemy number one.

The last few presidents have gone into office thinking they can improve things with Putin. All have been wrong. We will see (1) if Trump can make things better with Russia and (2) if not, if he is firmer with them than previous presidents. I will at least see how it plays out before just assuming Trump and Tillerson are doing this for the wrong reasons. I do admit that I am baffled that you guys give Tillerson absolutely no credit whatsoever for giving up $100 million in salary the next four years to serve his country. You just dismiss it like he is not doing it. It is 100 million freaking dollars! I am trying to think of anyone in public service EVER who has done that...am I missing anyone?

I'm sure Jim will just say it is all "crap" since that is his new favorite word..:lol2:

The answer has been out there. I guess we'll see how it plays out since we should wait to see what happens before we condemn him. :lol2: