Inauguration or Coronation?

And again, the cabinet selections of past Presidents have almost all been multi-millionaires too. Where were your concerns there? There's a lot of things to be critical about on his nominees, their wealth is absolutely not one of them.

I already answered that question for you. Now you are talking in circles.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you didn't. You said, show me.

I'm asking why today you're concerned about the wealth of these guys, but you weren't for past Presidents.

Simple answer .... I didn't notice them previously. How do Trump's choices compare to previous Presidents? If there isn't much difference, then that would be good info and will make me less leery.

See above posted earlier in the thread.

The added answer is that Trump made big bank connections, specifically Goldman Sachs connections, a huge issue in the campaign and then appointed numerous Goldman Sachs people to his administration.

You're right, I missed that.

So now that I've shown you that every President nominates multi-millionaires for cabinet positions are you willing to admit your concern over their wealth was misplaced?

You have provided some good info but I will dig deeper on my own. Outside of Kerry, the wealth of the people you have listed doesn't seem anywhere near the wealth of the people Trump has appointed and that is what I want to look at further.

The Goldman Sachs appointments are still a concern even if the issue of wealth is not.

IMO he is putting very smart business people in business positions to help create jobs and get us out of debt.

IMO he is putting very smart military leaders in military positions to help get the military back to greatness and raise morale and be able to fight terrorism.

IMO he is putting people in positions that might actually follow the law.

IMO he is putting people in charge that might want to actually help people.

Gutting the IRS and going to a "flat tax" is a sure fire way to get us even into more debt if Trump's previous claims come true.

Imagine having a lot of people in your cabinet who are very successful and have gotten things done in their life and certainly do not NEED the job. That's a bad thing? Everyone of them is taking a pay cut for this job and aren't allowed to be lobbyists to get rich after...

I honestly think Trump and his cabinet REALLY are doing this because they want to make the country better. Now not everyone agrees with how they will do things...I get that. However, why would Tillerson give up hundreds of millions of dollars in future earnings to do this and put up with the garbage he has with people slamming him? His life was pretty good before now. I honestly believe he is trying to improve our country.

Imagine having a lot of people in your cabinet who are very successful and have gotten things done in their life and certainly do not NEED the job. That's a bad thing? Everyone of them is taking a pay cut for this job and aren't allowed to be lobbyists to get rich after...

I honestly think Trump and his cabinet REALLY are doing this because they want to make the country better. Now not everyone agrees with how they will do things...I get that. However, why would Tillerson give up hundreds of millions of dollars in future earnings to do this and put up with the garbage he has with people slamming him? His life was pretty good before now. I honestly believe he is trying to improve our country.

Really? Hmmm. Interesting. You truly believe he is giving up hundreds of millions of dollars to do public service?

He may be trying to improve the country but his version of an improved country is different from mine. Therein lies the issue.

Really? Hmmm. Interesting. You truly believe he is giving up hundreds of millions of dollars to do public service?

He may be trying to improve the country but his version of an improved country is different from mine. Therein lies the issue.

Can you tell me what is wrong with more jobs, more people working, less national debt? That improves the country.

What is it, in that, that is not in your version of an improved country?

Lip service today. They haven't done anything yet. Obama is still on the clock.

A. It doesn't keep you from saying they will do nothing. How do you know. As you say, they aren't on the clock yet.

B. Obama is still doing nothing.