Florida Beach Recommendations

Randy Parker

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately in March, you have to get below the frost line pretty well. Ft Myers is about as far north you can go to be safe. And that is haul if you drive.

A good friend lives in Ft. Myers, so it's in play. I just hate the thought of driving that far in one trip & I'd prefer not dividing up the drive.

Something's going to have to give. :lol2:

A good friend lives in Ft. Myers, so it's in play. I just hate the thought of driving that far in one trip & I'd prefer not dividing up the drive.

Something's going to have to give. :lol2:

Break the drive up and go farther south.

Going to South Florida is never a bad idea.

• 4 months later...
We stayed in Perdido Key which is right on the state line. Nice area. Cross the state line and you have some nice Bama beaches as well. About the same drive as you have to Destin. It's also close to Pensacola if you want a city to visit.

Stayed in Perdido Key a couple years ago. Camped. Almost od'd on awesome.

Tell me more about this place. We're thinking of going somewhere in October.

We went to Gulf Shores over Spring Break. Really liked the fact that it wasn't ridiculously crowded. I'm assuming this place is similar in that regard?

Tell me more about this place. We're thinking of going somewhere in October.

We went to Gulf Shores over Spring Break. Really liked the fact that it wasn't ridiculously crowded. I'm assuming this place is similar in that regard?

Gulf Shores will be like NYC compared to Peridido Key. Sleepy little fishing town. Not a lot going on. Just great beaches and a low key atmosphere.

Situated well. Can easily get to Orange Beach, AL or Pensacola.

Gulf Shores will be like NYC compared to Peridido Key. Sleepy little fishing town. Not a lot going on. Just great beaches and a low key atmosphere.

Situated well. Can easily get to Orange Beach, AL or Pensacola.

Thats my first retirement choice. Love love love