Florida Beach Recommendations

Randy Parker

Do you like Clearwater? I'm going there this summer.

To be honest, I burnt out on beach going a long time ago. When I moved down here, I lived a block off of Indian Rocks Beach for the first 3 years. Spent every evening and weekend on the beach. I got tired of sand in everything, I truly mean everything, and the house I lived in was a dump. I moved inland to Largo, then to Tampa and haven't missed it a bit. I don't think I've been to the beach in more than 20 or 25 years.

Mrs. S used to work in the boutique at the Palm Pavilion on North Clearwater Beach, before we got married. It was nice then, more family oriented than South Clearwater Beach. My understanding is that has not changed.

Keep in mind there is not only Clearwater Beach, you've got all the Suncoast beaches available from Clearwater. Once you get on Gulf Blvd. you've got Sand Key, Bellair, Indian Rocks, the Reddington Beaches, Mederia Beach, John's Pass, Treasure Island, Pasadena, St. Pete, and others I can't remember off the top of my head.

North of Clearwater is Howard Beach, Honeymoon Island, and Caladesi Island.

@Run To State could probably tell you more than I could. He was there a month ago, but he did not stay on the beach.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at doing the same but hotels are just so expensive down there during the spring. 2 years ago went went to Fort Lauderdale in July. Paid 2 months in advance for a nice discount, rooms were about $85 a night. Current rates at the same place from now to June are $285 a night.

I have a hard time spending that much for 2 people that will barely be in the room.

I was looking at doing the same but hotels are just so expensive down there during the spring. 2 years ago went went to Fort Lauderdale in July. Paid 2 months in advance for a nice discount, rooms were about $85 a night. Current rates at the same place from now to June are $285 a night.

I have a hard time spending that much for 2 people that will barely be in the room.

Was the hotel on the beach? Hotels are cheaper closer to the airport.

Check vacation rentals on VRBO and Craigslist.

You'll have no problem finding a place under $100 a night.