07 UK Bball recruiting

Log Mountain Boy

UK has an interesting situation. If reports are true AJ Stewart and Marshal Moses is theirs if they want them. The question is will UK take both or just one, and if just one, which one do we take? Both are considered great athletes who are PF's basically in SF's bodies. If UK does take both of them that still leaves us 3 more scholarships to work with in trying to get Patterson, Lucas and whoever else.

But, UK Im sure, also wants SFs Darius Miller or Scotty Hopson the following year and this may hurt with them.

With all the recruits there is so many different scenerios right now, itll be interesting to see how things shape out.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are still conflicting reports on Moses as 07 or 08. And I've heard he's not a UK lock like has been implied quite a bit on here...

He confirmed in an interview that he is coming out in 07 and that hes enrolled in I believe Patterson Highschool in North Carolina, and is a heavy UK lean, if UK wants him.

Supposedly UK told him they wanted him, but would rather have him in 08 than 07. But it seems hes done made his decision to come out.

UK has an interesting situation. If reports are true AJ Stewart and Marshal Moses is theirs if they want them. The question is will UK take both or just one, and if just one, which one do we take? Both are considered great athletes who are PF's basically in SF's bodies. If UK does take both of them that still leaves us 3 more scholarships to work with in trying to get Patterson, Lucas and whoever else.

But, UK Im sure, also wants SFs Darius Miller or Scotty Hopson the following year and this may hurt with them.With all the recruits there is so many different scenerios right now, itll be interesting to see how things shape out.

I would rather have the players now if UK can get them rather than pass in hopes of signing a junior next year.

MMI closed down.

Moses has been really fond of UK. It isn't quite clear of exactly where what class he will end up at.

AJ Stewart is chomping at the bit to commit to UK. Not sure if he has been offered yet. He will be in attendance for Midnight Madness. He was on Patterson's MySpace site wanting to know if he was going to go to UK with him.

Lucas and Patterson are confirmed.

The Morris twins may now be unlikely visitors as both seem they will go to prep school for a year. Both of them are talented but only 16 year old seniors.

There is a Darnell Grant and Chris Barnes flying under the radar.

JJ Hickson is still supposed to make a visit.

Uk is hosting two kids this weekend. The Ramon Harris kid from Alaska, which some are speculating that he could enroll in January. In addition, there is a 6-11 275 pound center from Britain name Mike Williams visiting as well.

I apologize guys, I was going on info from the beginning of the summer when the class was ranked 11th (I went back and looked). I guess w/the late signees and stuff like that they re-figured their rankings. I was not trying to mislead anyone!

I HONESTLY still think this class is much better than anyone gives them credit for, it just lacks the PF everyone clamors for. Even the new rankings have us ahead of Arizona, Michigan State, and the Gators of Florida.

The question here is: Will the UNC, Texas, and UCONN fans go CRAZY (#1, #3, and #4 according to rivals.com) when they have a down year next year and they will, they all signed 6 or more recruits for this upcoming season. They might get one named player, but nothing spectacular and they are not having great recruiting seasons as of now. Texas has a verbal from #47 Gary Johnson and no other commitments in the top-150 according to rivals.com for the three schools mentioned w/many of the un-signed players looking elsewhere. These programs have fans that don't jump over the deep-end over every little thing that doesn't go their programs way.

The original point I was trying to make is this was a top-20 class (thanks for the heads-up) and full of talent and much better than some of our fans seem to think or give credit for. Jasper was heavily recruited by UCONN and Meeks picked UK over Florida among others so they can't be to shabby. Georgia Tech head coach Paul Hewitt was quoted as saying not trying to sign Jodie Meeks was the biggest recruiting mistake he had made while at GT, an in-state kid he let get away!

AJ Stewart and Jai Lucas are really good recruits. I really hope Lucas committs because of his style of ball. I thought Patterson would had committed alrdy. I know Rivals.com took UK off of Mayo's list, but has he really narrowed it down to USC,KState, and Flordia? I have heard he was still considering UK.

I think the Tubby-John Lucas connection will be a huge factor in the Lucas kid coming to UK.

Tubby just visited him in Houston and was their for 6 hours. Lucas said the visit was great and Tubby really reminds him alot of his father. He might already be wrapped up, but I think if he likes what he see's he'll commit at Madness. He already expects to be wowed when he comes. He might be the key to this class. He knows pretty much everybody Tubby is recruiting at this point and Tubby was telling him how he would fit in with those guys. Said he knows and has talked to the twins, patterson of course, Stewart, and then another guy who hasnt been mention with UK in a long time is James Anderson. Supposively Jai has been talking to him about UK and so has Tubby.

Tubby just visited him in Houston and was their for 6 hours. Lucas said the visit was great and Tubby really reminds him alot of his father. .

Here's a quote:

Point guard Jai Lucas and his family spent more than five hours with Kentucky coaches Tubby Smith and Reggie Hanson during an official in-home visit. Lucas said there are striking similarities between Tubby and his father, John, a former NBA player and coach. "It's almost like you can tell him anything you want," Lucas said of UK's coach. "He kind of reminds me of my dad a lot so that made me feel more comfortable."