07 UK Bball recruiting

Log Mountain Boy

Well for a few weeks there the only UK recruits who were being talked about were Patterson, Lucas, and AJ Stewart basically. But all of a sudden we are in on a bunch of prospects again.

Patterson

Lucas

Stewart

Hickson (we made his top 5 all of a sudden)

Moses

Chris Barnes

Morris Twins

Brooks

Pettigrew

Patterson is still our main guy and is who we want the most, but if we could get him or Hickson along with a nice supporting cast we could have a great recruiting class.

(Im trying to be optimistic!!!)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big night for Tubby tomorrow when he has an in-home visit with Patrick Patterson. Tough act to follow though as Coach K is at his house tonight.

Very true statement...Coach K is tough for anyone to follow...At least we've been in on this kid for a longtime and thats gotta help...I believe if he comes, a couple of the others on this list will shortly follow..Lets keep our fingers crossed...

That's the first I've heard of that. Everything I've seen has Tubby in-home tonight. Coach K isn't there from everything I've seen.

Ive heard that Tubby was supposed to be there today and also visited OJ Mayo. Ive also heard that Tubby wont be there until tommorow and Coach K is there tonight. You know, I really dont know what to believe.

Tubby and Coach Hobbs were in Huntington all day today, and this evening. They may have checked out Mayo because he is at Huntington High.

Coach Hanson was to be in Maysville checking in with Darius Miller.

It was good to see Patterson make it out of Gainesville without a verbal.

The lineup for Midnight Madness is shaping up quite nicely.

Jai Lucas will be there, and some think he is UK's to lose. Jai and Patterson are pretty tight, so hopefully that deal will work into a nice package.

Patterson will be there.

AJ Stewart from Florida will be there.

Marshall Moses possibly will be there.

The Morris twins Ibelieve are scheduled to be there, no confirmation on that.

And they could have as many as 2-3 in-state juniors in attendance as well.

Huge night for Tubby and company.

Saw that Hickson cancelled his trip to Florida this weekend. Some say that his love fest for them has cooled some and that UF may still lead but that we may be right behind them at number 2 on his list now. Seems promising with him we've gone from almost out of it and like 7th on his list to be in very good position with him.

I think PP visits UK, then dUKe and then makes his decision. I doubt he visits wake or WV officially.

Yes Madness is shaping up to be huge for us! Id say it will be a huge show that should impress them. Im really hoping we can get atleast 3 guys, including Patterson!!, signed in November.

Also, it would be great if Mackey, Miller, and Hopson can all make it to Madness. I think Smith should make it a priority to get either Miller or Hopson and Mackey in the following class!

Another name on UK's radar is Darnell Gant. Hes a powerforward from LA. Supposedly Tubby is going to be paying him an in-home visit this week. It seems like Tubby is going to be making a ton of in-home visits in the next month.

I also hear that AJ Stewart and Marshal Moses are ours to lose. We are the favorite with both. I dont know if Coach Smith wants both or not however, but Id imagine one of them will be our 1st commitment.

Tubby and UK need this class to be a top 5 class, to get the talent level back where it needs to be, and to show he can actually recruit.

Top 5 isnt necessarily a priority. We could probably get Patterson, Lucas, Stewart, and someone else for example and not have a top 5 class, but somewhat meet the needs of the team.

Top 5 isnt necessarily a priority. We could probably get Patterson, Lucas, Stewart, and someone else for example and not have a top 5 class, but somewhat meet the needs of the team.

True, not necessarily a priority. It would get the level of talent back up to what Big Blue nation is used to. :thumb:

True, not necessarily a priority. It would get the level of talent back up to what Big Blue nation is used to. :thumb:

Just to add to this notion... it is not the lack of top 5 classes that has been hurting UK on the recruiting front.. that level is almost impossible to consitently maintain. It is the years when the recruiting completley drops off the map that hurts.