How many UK fans have never been to a game?

All Blue

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to admit it but I have never watched the cats live. Just never had any interest in sitting in the nose bleed section to watch a game.

You need to go at least once for the experience even if it's in the upper arena. Then only go again if you can get a seat with a back on it.

Have always liked Freedom Hall better than Rupp. Yum Center is really nice as well.

Coming from a Kentucky fan, the Yum center is 10x better than Rupp. I went to the Cats NCAA tourney game there a couple years ago and was in awe of how awesome that place is. Plus they have wider seats for those of us overweight folks haha. I know Cats fans are all about Rupp's tradition but it needs to either be replaced or undergo a massive renovation.

I will add that if you are a KY fan you still have to go see a home game in person just for the experience. You can find lower arena seats on stub hub just be prepared for a small fee for the good view.

"Nose Bleeds" :no:

I love/hate how so many fans that never or hardly ever go dismiss sitting in the upper arena. The atmosphere is MUCH better in the upper arena than the lower arena. I've sat in the upper arena and lower arena and I have no problem with sitting in the upper arena.

I have friends that have complained for years because they've never been able to go to a game and then they'll go right ahead and mention all the times they have turned down so called "Nose Bleeds"...I just tell them to shut up and quit complaining about seats they've never sat in.

If you've been and sat up there and don't like, it fine. Nearly all sporting events are better on TV than in the stands, unless you are in those incredibly good seats near the court. I'm talking about those that have never been or have never sat in the upper and lower both for comparison. Upper arena is a good time, but it's not for snobs that want to sit quietly and watch the game...if that is your deal stay home and watch it on TV and wait for a unicorn to come by with your lower arena tickets you so covet. Then you can sit quietly with the rest of the blue hairs in the lowers.

Add me to this group. I'm not paying to sit on a concrete slab 2 miles away at the top of Rupp. No thanks.

My sister has upper arena, but they are good seats. About 4 rows up in section 225. All upper arena seats are not bad.

Now are seats are great 7 rows from the floor.

15135905_1440141315997853_2472902890952136662_n.jpg?oh=e6fc816f3a5be6f92af72eab7dd4f819&oe=58B1413915181266_1440141365997848_5704631001209952869_n.jpg?oh=0ea6740b4567408fc38976b7da05d139&oe=58B86FE0

I completely agree with those that say the people that refuse to sit in the upper arena don't know what they're missing. I'm lucky enough that my family has had lower level seats since Rupp was built (I'm in the same section as @gold sunrise), but I still sit in the upper arena from time to time. As @jumperDad mentioned, the atmosphere up there is actually much better and to be honest, some of those lower upper level seats along the baseline offer a great view of the game. Watching at home is almost always going to give you a better view than anywhere in the arena, but if your into the atmosphere and gameday experience there is nothing at all wrong with the upper arena.

I completely agree with those that say the people that refuse to sit in the upper arena don't know what they're missing. I'm lucky enough that my family has had lower level seats since Rupp was built (I'm in the same section as @gold sunrise), but I still sit in the upper arena from time to time. As @jumperDad mentioned, the atmosphere up there is actually much better and to be honest, some of those lower upper level seats along the baseline offer a great view of the game. Watching at home is almost always going to give you a better view than anywhere in the arena, but if your into the atmosphere and gameday experience there is nothing at all wrong with the upper arena.

Next time you go we will have to meet each other.

My sister has upper arena, but they are good seats. About 4 rows up in section 225. All upper arena seats are not bad.

Now are seats are great 7 rows from the floor.

15135905_1440141315997853_2472902890952136662_n.jpg?oh=e6fc816f3a5be6f92af72eab7dd4f819&oe=58B1413915181266_1440141365997848_5704631001209952869_n.jpg?oh=0ea6740b4567408fc38976b7da05d139&oe=58B86FE0

My new bucket list now consists of dinner at Goldie's house followed by being her date to the game!