How many UK fans have never been to a game?

All Blue

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to admit it but I have never watched the cats live. Just never had any interest in sitting in the nose bleed section to watch a game.

That is why I have only been to Rupp two times to watch a game. One time I had good tickets and the other was in the nose bleed. I went to St. Louis to watch them in the NCAA tournament in 1999 and had pretty good seats.

The last 2 times I saw the Cats live were in the South Sub Regional in 1994 and last year in Miami.

If I lived up there, I'd have season tickets. I much prefer being at the game over watching on TV, even from the nose bleed seats. I love the atmosphere.

It's been 23 years since I saw a regular season game live, but I've been to a couple.

But to answer the question, I assume a decent percentage of the fanbase. Maybe as high as half. For some people it's just not worth it to make the drive, pay for the tickets, and especially not if you're in the nosebleeds. I've been a diehard Florida State football fan for over 3/4 of my life, but I could never justify in my mind the cost of going down to Tallahassee to watch them. I almost wanted to go to their game against Louisville this year, but thankfully, decided not to spend that money.

It's been 23 years since I saw a regular season game live, but I've been to a couple.

But to answer the question, I assume a decent percentage of the fanbase. Maybe as high as half. For some people it's just not worth it to make the drive, pay for the tickets, and especially not if you're in the nosebleeds. I've been a diehard Florida State football fan for over 3/4 of my life, but I could never justify in my mind the cost of going down to Tallahassee to watch them. I almost wanted to go to their game against Louisville this year, but thankfully, decided not to spend that money.

I plan on going to Tallahassee next season.

One particular game sticks in my memory. My sister and I always went to the games together, per Papaw & Papaw's 1st cousin, we went early, got a room at the Radisson and used the walkway. Can you believe they did not think we (my sister was so much like me) should be walking from parking lots after dark. We both had flashlights in our purses, not for light but as weapons. Anyway, I digress. About noon that day it started snowing. And snowing. I called our local road dept. for a report. He said give me 30 minutes on the hill and you're clear. So, I go pick her up and head for Lexington( 1 hour drive). We followed road trucks on Hwy. 27 from Cynthiana to Lexington. Of course, we are early so we go to eat and guess what team we were playing Arkansas! I have that tee shirt somewhere. If you were there the game's title, " They're Fighting Like Cats and Hogs". The Radisson was packed with Hog fans. And we had great seats for a LOSS. And we had to see a sea of red at breakfast. Couldn't come home early, the roads were a mess. But we wore our blue sweaters anyway. Must have snowed 8 inches. And me driving a front wheel drive car. Have seen a lot of wins but that was a hard loss.

Been to several at Rupp, but like most have said I'd rather watch on TV than set upstairs. The last one I went to in the upper arena we watched till first TV timeout and left; went BW3's and had wings and beers while watching the rest of the game