Trump on Gay marriage

All Tell

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like he is a person for all the people. But yet no one on the left wants to admit it.

He certainly said the right thing regarding this issue. However, I think the reason people had these fears is because of VP Elect Pence. He hasn't exactly been a supporter of LGBT rights throughout his career. And the fact that he's shaping up to be perhaps the most powerful VP ever, isn't doing much to quell those fears.

Again though, it's encouraging to hear him say the issue is settled. Of course had he done so during the campaign, people might not have been so fearful...obviously that would have alienated a good chunk of his base.

Again though, it's encouraging to hear him say the issue is settled. Of course had he done so during the campaign, people might not have been so fearful...obviously that would have alienated a good chunk of his base.

Not that I am Trump guy, but I vividly remember him saying it was the law, and for good, after the ruling was made. I did not find that to be much of a revelation from yesterday's interview. I get the anti-immigration, minority, and racial stuff with Trump, but the LGBT thing wasn't really touched upon much through the election by either.

He certainly said the right thing regarding this issue. However, I think the reason people had these fears is because of VP Elect Pence. He hasn't exactly been a supporter of LGBT rights throughout his career. And the fact that he's shaping up to be perhaps the most powerful VP ever, isn't doing much to quell those fears.

Dick Cheney just said, "Umm no!"

He did tell people to "stop it" in regards to the racist acts that have taken off since he was elected. I'm not sure how genuine it was, but at least he said it. That was a step in the right direction, although it certainly doesn't make up for how he ran his campaign.

Isn't abortion also "settled law?" He said he would repeal that.

He said he would appoint Pro-Life Judges, that doesn't in any way ensure that it comes before them to decide. He then went on to say that it should be decided by the states not federally. How often has one SCOTUS changed or reversed a decision of a previous SCOTUS, I have no idea how apt they are to doing this.

He did tell people to "stop it" in regards to the racist acts that have taken off since he was elected. I'm not sure how genuine it was, but at least he said it. That was a step in the right direction, although it certainly doesn't make up for how he ran his campaign.

Both campaigns said and did things that riled up their bases and played on fears. Look at all of the people saying they are "afraid" today, that comes directly from the fear mongering of the left as much as it may come from anything Trump may have said.