Riots in North Carolina over shooting

jericho

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not releasing the video is a bad move in my eyes. No matter what it shows.

If it shows the officer was justified, keeping it secret makes everyone think it looks bad for the cop, riots ensue.

If it shows the officer wasn't justified, it contradicts police statements early on, riots ensue.

It shows the officer was justified and you release it, it's possible things calm down.

If it shows the officer was justified, keeping it secret makes everyone think it looks bad for the cop, riots ensue.

If it shows the officer wasn't justified, it contradicts police statements early on, riots ensue.

It shows the officer was justified and you release it, it's possible things calm down.

Why would they release it to the public before a grand jury even gets a chance to look at it?

If he was holding a gun and refused to drop it after being told too, I don't blame the officers for shooting him. I don't care if he was backing up or doing cartwheels. Just because he isn't pointing it at them means nothing. It takes less than a second to raise the gun and get a shot off.

No it wont, those that are rioting are doing so because they want too, they are criminals nothing more, they need to be dealt with, we (society and law enforcement) are afraid to do what is necessary to keep peace.

Did I put a time frame on it? I did not. I was referring to the article that mentioned the police may never release the video.

They may not... But at the same time they didn't say they won't. So again, why not just let it play out and see what happens.

Did I put a time frame on it? I did not. I was referring to the article that mentioned the police may never release the video.

TV law pundit mentioned you wouldn't release the video in the event there was trial. It could affect the witnesses ect ect.

That does make sense to me.

TV law pundit mentioned you wouldn't release the video in the event there was trial. It could affect the witnesses ect ect.

That does make sense to me.

If the witnesses havent seen the video, they tell you what happened. When they have seen the video, they tell you what they see in the video. Big difference.