Riots in North Carolina over shooting

jericho

Are you a police officer with years of training in shooting maybe a moving hand, a shoulder,etc. I'm guessing no.

Do you really believe officers are trained to shoot people in their hands?? This is the 2nd time you've mentioned it, so I'm guessing the answer is "yes".

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't disagree with anything you said here.

It's an absolutely thankless job, and for that I am incredibly grateful that we have the officers we do. It's why whenever I've interacted with them it's "Yes sir, no sir" or "Yes ma'am, no ma'am" and comply completely with whatever commands they give.

It's simply my opinion that because of the level of responsibility and authority that comes with the job, so do should a heightened critical eye. Is it fair? Maybe not, but when lives can be lost due to mistakes, I feel it's warranted.

So should Dr's who kill people through malpractice get crucified like cops? Far more innocent people are killed by malpractice each year than innocent people by cops.

I don't disagree with anything you said here.

It's an absolutely thankless job, and for that I am incredibly grateful that we have the officers we do. It's why whenever I've interacted with them it's "Yes sir, no sir" or "Yes ma'am, no ma'am" and comply completely with whatever commands they give.

It's simply my opinion that because of the level of responsibility and authority that comes with the job, so do should a heightened critical eye. Is it fair? Maybe not, but when lives can be lost due to mistakes, I feel it's warranted.

I get that, with higher responsibility comes high scrutiny.

Do you really believe officers are trained to shoot people in their hands?? This is the 2nd time you've mentioned it, so I'm guessing the answer is "yes".

I'm gonna venture to say that I've got more firearms training and experience than 99% of this board and it's hard to shoot a hand on a target at 20 yards with just static shooting with my Glock. If I'm moving and under true stress, I'd say I'd hit a hand less than 10% of the time at that distance.

Hands,shoulders,kneecaps. Maybe they should be. Any Tom, Dick or Jane can do a kill shot from within 5 feet, which is about the distance of all these shootings. You mean a cop can't shoot a person's hand, shoulder or knee from within a couple of feet? C'mon man

Hands,shoulders,kneecaps. Maybe they should be. Any Tom, Dick or Jane can do a kill shot from within 5 feet, which is about the distance of all these shootings. You mean a cop can't shoot a person's hand, shoulder or knee from within a couple of feet? C'mon man

:ohbrother: :ohbrother: :ohbrother: :ohbrother:

I'm gonna venture to say that I've got more firearms training and experience than 99% of this board and it's hard to shoot a hand on a target at 20 yards with just static shooting with my Glock. If I'm moving and under true stress, I'd say I'd hit a hand less than 10% of the time at that distance.

If you can't shoot a guy anywhere but "center mass" from the distance all of these shootings have taken place, what's the farthest been? 5 feet maybe. Son you need to go back to the range. Not talking 20 yards. You could add up the distance of all of these shootings and they wouldn't add up to 20 yards

I'll shoot with anyone on this board and if I can't injure a guy without killing him from point blank distance, which is what Cincinnati,Louisiana, Minnesota,Missouri and probably North Carolina were, I believe i would consider maybe bagging groceries or something else for a living

I'll shoot with anyone on this board and if I can't injure a guy without killing him from point blank distance, which is what Cincinnati,Louisiana, Minnesota,Missouri and probably North Carolina were, I believe i would consider maybe bagging groceries or something else for a living

The issue is that while you MAY be able to injure him he MAY be able to still shoot/kill you. If you are to the point where that's a valid concern you don't waste time shooting to injure. The rubicon has been crossed at that point.

Thats all we need for cops to worry about .. get out a Stanley 20 foot measuring tape and see if they are close enough to aim for a limb . Goodness common sense has left the building . I'm at 25 feet , let me get closer to just aim for a limb !

:ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother::ohbrother: