Rockcastle County 74 Bourbon County 6

3wishes

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said it was 100% intentional. I just think it can be avoided by a few slight adjustments in play calling and defensive schemes. I don't know how bad Bourbon really is, but maybe they shouldn't even be on the schedule.

I guess Bourbon has to find somebody to play though.

Stat of the game: 6 interceptions for 160 return yards. If the pass isn't working don't throw it over and over like BC did. Are you going to tell 9th and 10th graders to drop the ball on purpose...

Read the thread that was started earlier this week, the matchup was almost unavoidable without Rock going on the road again and only having 4 home games for the 4th straight year or going out of state. This game was arranged sometime in the Spring of this yea, because of teams cancelling.

I can't wait til early in the playoffs when Rockcastle is down by 42 points at the half to somebody.

From what I've seen the past few years, that won't happen to RC as long as they're playing 3A teams.

As others have noted, this was a game that wasn't originally on the schedule.

74-6 games look bad in the headlines, but often don't tell the whole story. You don't tell your second and third-stringers to lay down so the other team will feel better. If anything, that's much more embarassing. Also, a running clock is supposed to minimize the damage; but sometimes the difference between two teams is just too great.

Hopefully Bourbon will improve and be competitive; just doesn't seem to be the case right now.

If you want someone to blame, then blame the Offensive Coord. They threw the ball 20 times in the 1st half throwing 6 INT's. Rock had 3 offensive plays in the first quarter and something like 36 points because of turnovers and poor playcalling on BC's behalf. If they would run the ball and utilize their team speed, they would gain yardage and eat up the clock. If every team they play does this to them, then obviously something is wrong. ROcks starters did not go back into the game after 5 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. They sat for over 29 minutes of game play out of 48. Rock is # 6 in the last 15 years in winning percentage by the way in the state of Kentucky, they aren't just good every 5-6 years....LOL

I believe that Rock has been one of the classiest programs, and winningest programs since the arrival of Tom Larkey. I know Coach Larkey and he would not embarrass or humilate a kid or team for any reason, but he can't help that he coaches his kids to play hard.

I think you should consider your competition before putting credence into stats. There are a lot of teams with gaudy stats early in the season.

I think he did, last week Corbin was held to 40 yards total offense and ZERO points.....he was being somewhat tongue in cheek.