Rockcastle County 74 Bourbon County 6

3wishes

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody will make Rockcastle pay for pounding a team like that. Every five or six years they have a decent team and do this to teams.

Make Rockcastle County pay???

I wasn't there but from all accounts the varsity starters didn't see action in the 2nd and 4th quarters and very limited action in the 3rd quarter. They even ran 2 interceptions back for touchdowns so it wasn't like Coach Larkey and staff were telling their kids to go out there and score on every play.

Give me a break....don't you think that some times you can't help but score on a team that was that horrible.

It's like someone had said earlier in the week...we all knew this game was going to be like this and Rockcastle County was in a no win situation....if they score as many points as they did then they're going to get bashed....if they let Bourbon County score more than once or twice..heck even beat them then the bashing starts up then too.

So until you know the situation whether by being there in person or hearing first hand accounts of what happened then you don't need to voice an opinion.

So what should Coach Larkey have told his players? Lay down and quit or play hard every single play?

Somebody will make Rockcastle pay for pounding a team like that. Every five or six years they have a decent team and do this to teams.

You might should check some facts first. Rockcastle County has a better than "decent" team almost every season, not just every five or six years. Easy on the "running up the score" talk. Very, very, very few coaches do this...much fewer than know-it-all fans on message boards seem to think.

I can't wait til early in the playoffs when Rockcastle is down by 42 points at the half to somebody.

I seriously doubt that is going to happen. Rockcastle is a class program and has been playing for state titles in recent years. Bourbon has been getting blasted by average teams, what did you expect to happen when they play a top notch team?

You might should check some facts first. Rockcastle County has a better than "decent" team almost every season, not just every five or six years. Easy on the "running up the score" talk. Very, very, very few coaches do this...much fewer than know-it-all fans on message boards seem to think.

I never said it was 100% intentional. I just think it can be avoided by a few slight adjustments in play calling and defensive schemes. I don't know how bad Bourbon really is, but maybe they shouldn't even be on the schedule.

I was at the game as well. I believe Rockcastle Co. scored a few TD's, maybe 4, on defense in the 1st half. I believe if I wanted to hold the score down, I would RUN the football. The 1st half lasted 1 hour and 35 minutes! Bourbon Co. threw way too much.

If you want someone to blame, then blame the Offensive Coord. They threw the ball 20 times in the 1st half throwing 6 INT's. Rock had 3 offensive plays in the first quarter and something like 36 points because of turnovers and poor playcalling on BC's behalf. If they would run the ball and utilize their team speed, they would gain yardage and eat up the clock. If every team they play does this to them, then obviously something is wrong. ROcks starters did not go back into the game after 5 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. They sat for over 29 minutes of game play out of 48. Rock is # 6 in the last 15 years in winning percentage by the way in the state of Kentucky, they aren't just good every 5-6 years....LOL

When the boys are on the field they are going to play ball. I was there and really there wasn't much that could be done about it.:bunny: