Illegal Scrimmages

jericho

SK has been doing this for a few years. It's like the old UK midnight madness. SK community gets a charge out of it and I think the kids get up and excited for it, a celebration of football. SK has really done a good job selling their program.

My nephew just started his first season of youth football with South Kenton. If he's playing still next year I plan to take him to next years midnight madness at SK.

This is the 2nd time I have seen where the mention of other teams coaches and players there to watch. For the life of me, how does a coach allow his players to be out after midnight to go and watch SK practice when you yourselves will be practicing early the next morning? Maybe it's just me. Seems crazy to me. And don't those coaches have something better to do than to be at SK after midnight watching another team practice. We talkin practice! I guess if I knew the teams and coaches, it may explain a lot.

Just sayin!

Kids from Scott Lloyd and Boone Co. Saw a MSJ coach there, not sure of HS coaches as I wouldn't know them to see them. I was told there were a few there.

This is the 2nd time I have seen where the mention of other teams coaches and players there to watch. For the life of me, how does a coach allow his players to be out after midnight to go and watch SK practice when you yourselves will be practicing early the next morning? Maybe it's just me. Seems crazy to me. And don't those coaches have something better to do than to be at SK after midnight watching another team practice. We talkin practice! I guess if I knew the teams and coaches, it may explain a lot.

Just sayin!

I think the better solution would be to have a midnight practice like SK. I like the idea. Hope my Holmes Bulldogs try something like this in the future. It might actually energize the kids and community.

Heard Boyle is at Camp Jabez by themselves.

Yikes. We went there my sophomore year of highschool. I can honestly say out of all my highschool football expirences that was the most memorable. I believe we had more on field brawls than actual football. Good time.

I don't understand why more teams don't do this... Prevents all the whispers about scrimmaging, and still gets the major benefit of going away to camp - 4 days of football, with your kids working and bonding together.

I think a program camp would be awesome. Take you MS & HS teams AND coaches. You could have drills & practice during the day and evening, then chalk-talk with the coaching staffs at night. Could be a really positive experience for everyone.

I don't understand why more teams don't do this... Prevents all the whispers about scrimmaging, and still gets the major benefit of going away to camp - 4 days of football, with your kids working and bonding together.

I think a program camp would be awesome. Take you MS & HS teams AND coaches. You could have drills & practice during the day and evening, then chalk-talk with the coaching staffs at night. Could be a really positive experience for everyone.

The other thing that surprises me is that more teams don't do the "Jamboree Style" scrimmage you see in other states.

For the past 3 or 4 years Belfry has been travelling to Richlands, VA to do a jamboree scrimmage. It is usually 4 teams who all scrimmage each other in an abbreviated form. You don't get a full game of reps against one team, granted, but you get to test your Varsity against 3 different style teams both on Offense and Defense.